The US Service Operating Unit Manager is responsible for managing all operational aspects of the production and service unit, being accountable for the following areas: Full P&L responsibility and Accountability, Sales and Field and Shop Operations, Service Engineering, Service R&D, Service and Shop Manufacturing Engineering, Service and Shop Manufacturing Operations, Field Service Operations and project management, Field Service and Shop Manufacturing Production Planning & Control, Environmental and Employee Health & Safety.
- Conduct business with safety and integrity
- Be responsible of the financial results of the service organization.
- Define and implement the service processes (in coordination with the HUB Management and HUB quality manager and with the HUB Service Operating unit);
- Be responsible of the performance of the portfolio of the service contracts.
- Drive the growth of the business on the fleet covered by service contracts (by retrofits, upgrades);
- Live core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
- Proactive business development attitude and business collaboration
- Promote and grow sales for entire PGHV Service portfolio in the Region with full coordination with FES and Sales organization.
- Understand entire PGHV Service portfolio offering in collaboration with Product Managers.
- Position PGHV Service as customers’ first choice for relevant offerings.
- Design, implement, and execute key account plans including Player Map.
- Collaborate with Installed Base Manager to identify New Customer opportunities and to draft agendas for each customer meeting.
- Full P&L Responsibility, driving business growth and profitability aligned with business strategy and HUB requirements.
- Lead and manage Service sales opportunity negotiations among customers and FES, including work scope and earliest-possible service date identification. Once defined, hand off to PGHV Service US inside sales team for Proposal writing.
- Promote business events for major customers, in order to strengthen and positioning HE and create an understanding of our portfolio of services to key accounts and customers in high-density metropolitan areas.
- Build relationships with key accounts in order to position PGHV Service as a Valued Partner, improving HE share of wallet and reducing frequency of emergency RFPs for Field Service mobilizations to customer-planned station outages.
- Lead and manage planned alignment meetings with PGHV Service inside sales team to maintain Pipeline and Forecast data accuracy – probabilities, expected award date in SFDC and to prevent “stale” proposals.
- Full service coordination on the customer care cases, own resolution and drive best practices that improve HE responsiveness, decreasing Warranty costs, but leveraging HE service opportunities.
- Entrepreneur mindset, business management and ownership behavior.
- Drive HE Factories to a fast issue resolution.
- Ability to deal and work under pressure.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical or mechanical Engineering with solid technical background required, MBA preferable.
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Previous experience as a field engineer nice to have. Financial business knowledge background. Organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Availability to travel 50% of the time.
- Fluent in English Minimum 10 years’ experience in service business, sales experience in the electrical segment Electric Utility and Industrial Sector knowledge.
- Experience in negotiating with and navigating at multiple management levels of a customer organization HV Portfolio products and service portfolio knowledge.
- Experience running >50 MUSD P&L While not travelling at work, required to be full time at the office based in Mount Pleasant/PA.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.