Job ID: R0030123
Date Posted: Aug 30, 2023
Segment: Green Energy & Mobility
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail USA, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Production & Skilled Trades
Job Type (Experience Level): Senior Management
Job Schedule: Full time
Hitachi Rail USA is seeking a Facility Manager who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position will be based in the Hagerstown, MD Area.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
The Facility Manager is responsible for the effectiveness and efficiency of the Geographic Area on-site service facility (such as guard, reception, switchboard, mail, print center, office supplies, vehicle maintenance facilities and buildings, vehicle maintenance, classroom training, transport employees, traveling, car rental, cleaning, canteen, gardening).
· Ensure the monitoring of the services provided by contractors and the periodic reporting to the Facility Geographic Area.
· Ensure the implementation of local maintenance activities of the physical properties and related protection systems.
· Ensure that a periodic local report of facility services costs is provided to Energy & Efficiency Projects team.
Support the Facility in drafting the operating budget and its investment plan, having detected any new requirements and the degree of internal customer satisfaction.
Ensure the implementation and monitoring of all the operational facilities activities (e.g.: reception, switchboard, print center, office supplies, maintenance facilities and buildings,) in compliance with related laws and regulations.
• Ensure high level of quality of the services provided by contractors monitoring Facility suppliers KPIs.
• Ensure global demand, supply and functionality of all Company tangible assets, facilities and services within organization.
• Ensure the implementation of local maintenance plan
• During tender phase and execution project phase, ensure the fulfilment of the Facility requirements and costs.
• Ensure the implementation of the Business Continuity Plans by the proper management of the operative emergencies/ service disruptions in order to guarantee Business Continuity.
• Ensure the implementation of corporate policies for Physical Security and assets protection according to HSE & Physical Security guidelines.
• Ensure the definition of the local Facility contracts with the Procurement Unit, according to global guidelines.
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.hitachirail.com/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected].
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.