Hitachi Energy is currently seeking an Inside Sales/Market Development Representative to support the North America organization as it continues its revenue-based marketing journey. If you are proficient in outbound sales prospecting and lead qualification, we would love to hear from you! The role is based in San Luis Potosi (SLP), Mexico and entails push outreach to leads sourced from marketing campaigns (e.g. email blasts, events, advertising, webinars, and other lead generation activities), qualifying and converting them into sales pipeline, with a focus on new accounts. The individual will work with multiple stakeholders—marketing, front-end sales, NAM account management, sales operations and product management—to optimize campaign ROI through qualifying marketing sourced leads while collaborating with sales to grow and move the qualified leads through the pipeline.
- Manage a large volume of leads by assigning them to correct sales channels (account managers, 3rd party sales representatives, distributors) in the US based on specific criteria such as zip codes, product or solution interest
- Conducting prospecting via proactive outbound warm and cold interactions by phone, email and social media, to nurture and qualify marketing sourced leads to transition to sales; building pipeline of quality leads and opportunities.
- Maintaining a high call volume target of 30+ activities per day with the intent to qualify leads and create pipeline growth
- Scheduling prospect discovery calls for NAM Account Executives
- Collaborating and building relationships with sales representatives and sales leadership to move leads through the pipeline to meet/exceed top-line goals.
- Conducting research on target accounts and new contacts to prospect with the help of 3rd party tools, such as LinkedIn Sales Navigator and Zoom Info
- Building deep knowledge of the Hitachi Energy portfolio to enable effective and efficient lead generation
- Regularly updating Salesforce.com to document all prospecting calls, track status of lead qualification and drive accurate reporting; maintaining high accuracy and integrity of information in database
- Staying up-to-date on industry trends and competition
- Reporting on weekly results, both qualitative and quantitative
- Monitoring social networks for sales opportunities and leads
Our ideal candidate will have an outgoing personality, a desire to learn new skills and to build a career in sales and marketing. This person would have excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and active listening skills, as well as the ability to work autonomously.
Specific qualifications required
- Degree BA or BS is required; concentration in Marketing or Business Administration is preferred
- At least 5 years of experience working in either sales prospecting, business development or customer support in a B2B setting
- Industry knowledge of the asset intensive sector—utilities, renewables, transportation, manufacturing or mining is preferred
- Ability to understand and distil technical concepts, complex solution portfolios, and competitive landscapes.
- Business proficiency in English is mandatory
- Business proficiency in other languages would be a great advantage
- Solid knowledge of corporate business culture, and key differences around the globe
- Solid organization and time management skills along with top notch listening and communications skills, both written and verbal; compelling presentation skills
- Ability to build relationships and establish rapport with multiple levels of decision makers and influencers.
- Ability to multi-task with keen attention to detail in a fast paced, changing environment. − Working knowledge of a CRM tool (Salesforce.com preferred)
- Outgoing, persuasive, positive, personable, persistent and able to initiate conversations and
- Hunger for learning and self-development to stay up to date on industry trends and lead management best practices