GlobalLogic is looking for a Trainee UI Developer to join its team.
The successful candidate will be working on developing an enterprise-scale design system on Angular. The set of UI components and patterns powers 30+ modern, enterprise, SaaS applications developed by various teams across the globe. Strong technical and interpersonal skills and the ability to assume ownership and drive issues to completion are critical success factors.
Successful candidates will have a strong technical foundation, primarily in creating solid front-end code from a detailed specification, including wireframes/interactive prototypes, interaction patterns, and visual design mockups.
The candidate should be adept at proposing and documenting software and UI design, analyzing requirements, and developing high-quality front-end builds. The candidate should understand the entire software development lifecycle (SDLC), be responsible, be able to report and deliver on time, embrace best UI practices, and communicate clearly and effectively with peers and stakeholders. The candidate must be hands-on, capable of analyzing existing code, writing new code, testing, and debugging.Requirements:
Required tech skills:
• Basic commercial experience as a software engineer
• Strong theoretical knowledge of Angular
• Advanced knowledge of HTML/CSS
• Experience with writing unit tests
• Understanding of Agile development projects
• Practical knowledge of GUI frameworks
Required soft skills:
• Upper-intermediate (B2) level of spoken and written English
• Good communication skills, including the ability to communicate on technical issues
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly
• Time management skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks effectively
• Ability to effectively work in a team environment as well as independentlyPreferences:
• Familiarity with Accessibility guidelines and best practices
• Basic visual design experienceJob Responsibilities:
The Trainee UI Developer will:
• Work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams of:
- Product managers
- Software architect
- Other developers
- QA engineers
- Interaction and visual design lead
• Dive into a new complex project under the mentor's supervision
• Extend the existing GUI with new functionality
• Fix bugs
• Collaborate with UX designers
• Work with interaction design patterns and specifications
• Seek and give technical assistance across project boundaries
• Work independently on routine tasks
• Be responsible for scheduling own time and for quality completion of multiple tasks within a varying environment of changing constraints
#LI-YK4 #LI-RemoteWhat We OfferExciting Projects:
Come take your place at the forefront of digital transformation! With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to participate in creating market-defining products using the latest technologies. Collaborative Environment:
Expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment - or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities! Work-Life Balance:
GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible opportunities and options.Professional Development:
Our dedicated Learning & Development team regularly organizes certification and technical / soft skill training to help you realize your professional goals.Excellent Benefits:
We provide our consultants with competitive compensation and benefitsFun Perks:
We want you to love where you work, which is why we host sports classes, cultural, social and team building activities such as sports competitions and end-of-year corporate parties. Our vibrant offices also include dedicated GL Zones and rooftop decks where you can drink coffee or tea with your colleagues over a game of table football or darts!About GlobalLogic
GlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world.
By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise-we help our clients imagine what's possible, and accelerate their transition into tomorrow's digital businesses.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic operates design studios and engineering centers around the world, extending our deep expertise to customers in the automotive, communications, financial services, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, media and entertainment, semiconductor, and technology industries.
GlobalLogic is a Hitachi Group Company operating under Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501) which contributes to a sustainable society with a higher quality of life by driving innovation through data and technology as the Social Innovation Business.