Meet our Team *****Hybrid role onsite in Santa Clara
Product solutions marketing play a key role in our business growth, leading with Customer Impact, their Data Experienced. Supported by our approach on HOW we do it and with the portfolio of WHAT we deliver to customers ultimately to Experience Hitachi What you will be doing
We are seeking an experienced, energetic, results-driven storyteller to bring our unique software-defined story to life for customers, analysts, partners, and sales teams. You will partner with product management and engineering to distil complex technologies into clear customer stories that communicate our benefits and then work with marketing and sales teams to ensure they are leveraged to drive demand for your products. You will be responsible for defining messaging, executing product launches, cultivating thought leadership, feeding campaigns, and collaborating across business units to amplify our value propositions.
We need your experience as a product marketer who is ready for the challenge of marketing to customers moving to distributed cloud storage software, sitting on-prem and in the cloud. Be creative, resourceful, and goal oriented. Enjoy the ability to deliver clear written and visual material to tell outstanding stories that inspire customers to buy your products and influencers to write about them. You are familiar with software-defined technology and its value to customers. We need you to communicate their benefits to various audiences.
• Define and validate the messaging and positioning for products and solutions, socialize them across stakeholders, and leverage them to build a core set of marketing materials.
• Drive go to market across hyperscalers, systems integrators and channel partners. In conjunction with our strategic alliance partners.
• Plan and manage minor and major product launches to ensure all content and communication is delivered and on message.
• Engage with sales and build create external-facing content (slide decks, blogs, papers, videos, etc) aligned to customer challenges, sales needs, and competitive threats.
• Regularly engage with industry analysts to keep them up-to-date on our product and solutions, test product messaging and positioning, and solicit feedback from their view of the market.
• Create and ensure the successful execution of the go-to-market strategy across the larger marketing team.
• Use market insight and customer data to drive product requirements and collaborate on product definitions and positioning. What you bring to the team
• You have over 7 years of experience in product and/or solution marketing.
• You are a storyteller able to break down complex concepts into simple and clear terms and a strong writer and visual communicator.
• You have demonstrated ability in launching and growing innovative technology products thought the product lifecycle.
• You are a problem solver who thrives in a high growth environment and possesses a positive "can do" attitude.
• You bring either subject matter expertise in enterprise data storage or you have the curiosity and desire to dig in and understand technology and its impact.
• You have a bachelor's degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience, MBA or advanced degree a plus.
• We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. As required by the equal pay and transparency acts, the expected base salary for this position is: Tier One Location (including New York City and California Bay Area): $116,000 -$165,000 The expected pay is determined based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, depth of experience in the practice area. Employees are eligible to participate in Hitachi Vantara's bonus/variable/commission pay programs, where applicable, and are subject to the program's conditions and restrictions.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge