Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara Digital Infrastructure Team for Unified Compute Platform product. We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services, and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business, and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. Hitachi UCP Advisor is a management automation platform that simplifies IT management and orchestration for faster and easier deployment, delivering streamlined IT administration to virtualized, converged, and hyper-converged systems. Hitachi Unified Compute Platform (UCP) Advisor is a comprehensive cloud infrastructure management and automation software tool that enables IT agility and simplifies day 0-N operations for edge, core, and cloud environments. The fourth-generation UCP Advisor accelerates application deployment and drastically simplifies converged. , hyper-converged infrastructure deployment, configuration, lifecycle management, and ongoing operations with advanced policy-based automation and orchestration for private and hybrid cloud environments. What you'll be doing Responsibilities
• Requirement analysis, design, code, unit test and fix defects in a range of scenarios such as regular release cycles, prototypes, customer escalations and PoCs.
• Software development will entail owning existing feature set, continually expand new product features and sustaining activities.
• Liaise with development and test groups (h/w and s/w)to isolate performance bottlenecks, and to resolve technical issues encountered by internal teams and customers.
• Leverage available lab resources company-wide, which will require cross-functional interaction.
• Agile Development Practices and Meetings. Required Skills:
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science is minimum qualification. In addition, 3-5 years hands-on Web UI product development experience. This duration cannot include any internship, or OPT experience.
• 3+ years of Web UI development with the following: ReactJS with redux, redux-saga, HTML5, CSS3, bootstrap, Axios etc.
• Experience with widgets, summary, dashboards and complex foundational components like workflows, wizards, data visualization etc.
• Event Processing techniques in User Interfaces and Browsers.
• Caching techniques and options in modern browsers.
• Multi-locale software development with skills in collaborating and cooperating with remote teams.
• Application development on Linux preferred.
• Development Tools: Jenkins, Git and JiraGood to have Skills:
• Knowledge of hardware like servers, switches and SAN storage.
• Some Java Development
• Kubernetes and Microservices Design and Deployment Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge