Work with Database management team to steer technical and procedural changes relative to best practices in database development and solutions.
o Defines IT database solutions by working with enterprise architecture teams and IT leadership.
o Effectively plans and manages assignments spanning multiple projects
o Serves as a technical consultant to managers and functional teams within IT
o Drives technical and procedural change relative to best practices in database development
o Builds teams as necessary to solve problems by taking ownership and mentoring developers while finding solutions
o Defines test strategies and procedures to drive total quality across IT systems
o Clearly communicates project issues and status with the project team and IT leadership.
o Ensures compliance with internal policies, procedures and internal controls in accordance with the Sarbanes- Oxley Act 2002 Section 404.Requirements:
• BS in Computer Science, Engineering (or equivalent) and 8+ years of professional experience or MS Computer Science with 5+ years of experience in this field required.
• Experience in all phases of the database/software development lifecycle is required.
• Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret business requirements and translate those into functioning computer software that executes in a relational database system.
• Must be able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and other associates.
• Must be able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing business issues and needs.
• Must have at least one year of experience with Microsoft SQL Server Technologies and/or applicable background and experience on a similar database platform.
• Must have experience using Microsoft Visual Studio and understanding of the C# programming language
• Must have experience building data services in use of SQL stored procedures, functions, or other platform constructs.
• Must be proactive, have teamwork abilities, be self-motivated, possess competent judgment and be deadline oriented
• Experience using cloud-based data technologies and/or MPP database systems is a plus.
► Additional Requirements
• Travel may be required as needed to support clients.
• Compliance with Company policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace is required
• Compliance with all Company policies is required including all safety policies and proceduresPreferences:Must Have:
SQL Server queries, SQL Server Development, DB migratingJob Responsibilities:
• Strong in SQL Server queries writing
• Hands on Exp of SQL Server Development
• Prior hands-on experience in DB migrating is a PLUS
• Analyze source (SQL Server DB), Create mapping of fields and define data migration strategy
• Should be able to guide Testing team on DB Migration and ensure successful testing
• Good communication skills to work closely with Client Archtects, Leads, and Business teams to lead the migration effortsWhat We OfferExciting Projects:
We focus on industries like High-Tech, communication, media, healthcare, retail and telecom. Our customer list is full of fantastic global brands and leaders who love what we build for them.Collaborative Environment:
You Can expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment - or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities! Work-Life Balance:
GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible work schedules, opportunities to work from home, and paid time off and holidays.Professional Development:
Our dedicated Learning & Development team regularly organizes Communication skills training(GL Vantage, Toast Master),Stress Management program, professional certifications, and technical and soft skill trainings.Excellent Benefits:
We provide our employees with competitive salaries, family medical insurance, Group Term Life Insurance, Group Personal Accident Insurance , NPS(National Pension Scheme ), Periodic health awareness program, extended maternity leave, annual performance bonuses, and referral bonuses.Fun Perks:
We want you to love where you work, which is why we host sports events, cultural activities, offer food on subsidies rates, Corporate parties. Our vibrant offices also include dedicated GL Zones, rooftop decks and GL Club where you can drink coffee or tea with your colleagues over a game of table and offer discounts for popular stores and restaurants!About GlobalLogic
GlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world.
By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise-we help our clients imagine what's possible, and accelerate their transition into tomorrow's digital businesses.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic operates design studios and engineering centers around the world, extending our deep expertise to customers in the automotive, communications, financial services, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, media and entertainment, semiconductor, and technology industries.
GlobalLogic is a Hitachi Group Company operating under Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501) which contributes to a sustainable society with a higher quality of life by driving innovation through data and technology as the Social Innovation Business.