Senior Technical Consultant - Data Classification Reporting To
Head of Global Delivery, ANZ Direct Reports
N/A Job Purpose
The role of the Managed Services (MS) Senior Technical Consultant - Data Classification resides in the functional area of post-sales services as part of our highly experienced managed services team. Specifically, the role provides technical and operational support across the client's enterprise data classification technologies. These platforms may include Hitachi Vantara products, as well as 3rd Party solutions such as Spirion. This is delivered primarily from the customer site and various locations as required, balanced with working from home. The role at times is required to be involved in other non-operational tasks such as presales, project and governance related activities.
The Senior Technical Consultant - Data Classification works closely with Service Delivery Managers and other MS Technical Consultants and the customer to ensure a smooth ongoing data classification platforms operations and support. The position is also responsible for helping customers realise the value of their Hitachi Vantara solutions specific to data classification. This includes collecting and classifying data correctly, designing the approprite workflows and procedures, and understandings of mitigation and remediation strategies.
For this position, an ideal fit will have a consulting-first mindset, ability to recognise customer needs and pain points and demonstrate strong communication skills (written, verbal, presentation, and promote customer satisfaction at the highest level). The goal will be to deliver the maximum value of the Hitachi Vantara solutions. Responsibilities
- Take primary responsibility for the managed services data classification solutions, including the operation and support.
- Consult with managed services customers and identify use cases, pain points, efficiency gaps, operational goals, business objectives, long-term vision, and align the Hitachi Vantara execution accordingly.
- Provide timely communication to customers and internal teams.
- Proactively contribute to the wider managed services team and company-wide knowledge sharing.
- Self-motivated and able to efficiently manage your own schedule and workload.
- Work independently and team collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Collaborate with internal departments to improve product delivery and customer experience.
- Contribute to the overall improvement of the customer experience.
- Articulate the importance of Data Governance.
- Administer software components, specifically Spirion data classification solutions.
- Maintain current knowledge of data classification trends and issues including current emerging technologies and best practices.
- Provide technical expertise, guidance, and strategic recommendations to develop and deliver a roadmap that ensures that the current and planned technical solutions are compatible with the Customer business needs and strategic objectives.
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of customer-facing experience consulting on data governance, data protection and lifecycle, or data classification solutions.
- Knowledge \ experience with data classification best practices, products, compliance and associated regulations.
- Outstanding customer-facing skills and strong focus on customer success.
- Ability to discuss highly technical concepts to all audiences, ranging from non-technical to executive level technical decision makers.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong presentation, facilitation, writing and analytical skills.
- Spirion solutions knowledge is a plus.
- Exposure to enterprise infrastructure, operating systems, virtual platform technology, applications and databases desirable.
- Proficient with data storage and concepts, along with a high level understanding of regulatory reqirements related to data.
- Good knowledge of ITIL and working within the framework.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment with many deadlines and competing priorities.
- Analytical: Collects and researches data; designs workflows and procedures; identifies data relationships and dependencies; synthesises complex or diverse information; uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Sense of Urgency: Understands the importance of making critical decision in a timely manner with strong attention to detail; realisation that efficiency and prioritisation is critical to success.
- Customer Service: Manages difficult customer situations; meets commitments; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyses information skilfully; develops alternative solutions.
- Written Communications: Presents numerical data effectively; varies writing style to meet needs; writes clearly and informatively.
- Oral Communication: Demonstrates presentation skills; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; speaks clearly and persuasively.
- Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Planning/Organizing: Prioritises and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; develops realistic action plans.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.