You as a Contract Manager (Open) will be part of Hitachi Energy business based in Cairo, Egypt. In this role, you will ensure the portfolio of contracts in the business follows contract and claim management methodologies in accordance with internal standards and guidelines. You will be Reviewing and commenting on commercial and technical tender terms and conditions. Developing contract strategy based on Hitachi Energy policies, customer requirements, and the execution strategy considering risk, pricing, scope, and schedule.
- Identifying the contract baseline (including terms and conditions, specifications, drawings, estimate, proposal, schedule, and other documents incorporated in the contract) and highlighting areas of potential risk.
- Providing the project management team with a summary of the key terms and conditions and flowing down strategy to suppliers/subcontractors.
- Ensuring timely and accurate execution of commercial aspects in portfolio of contracts (i.e. payments, claims, variation orders, warranties, provisions, guarantees, etc.).
- Reporting regularly to management critical claims. Present claims identified as critical for the business.
- Verifying that both parties to the contract have fulfilled their contractual obligations and there are no responsibilities outstanding. Assessing the success of the contract and determining if there are any lessons learned for future contracting. Document and communicate to all appropriate parties any deficiencies found as part of the closeout process.
- Establishing and enforcing standard change methodologies in portfolio of contracts to identify changes and quantify the additional time and compensation due to Hitachi Energy per the contract.
- Defining approval requirements and communicating changes to the customer.
- Enforcing and defending Hitachi Energy contractual interests against customers and suppliers during a project life cycle, including monitoring and assessment of changes and deviations, and defending and enforcing claims.
- In alignment with Legal, develop the negotiation strategy and support negotiations. Support Legal handling formal dispute resolution, litigation, and arbitration. Notify and liaise with Legal to report major claims and keep Legal updated of any.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- · A degree in law or engineering
- · Extensive knowledge in EPC and EP Contracts.
- · 10 - 15 years of proven experience in contract management.
- · Proficiency in both spoken & written English language is required. French would be a plus.