BaaS Technical Consultant
BaaS is an enterprise grade managed data protection service including backup on-prem and on public clouds' data for an enterprise account. The Hitachi BaaS service includes integrated infrastructure and software in 2 data centers connecting to the diversity of production platforms and applications in within the enterprise, the connection and virtual infra structure on public clouds, and the processes and tools to manage the BaaS service.
Technical Consultant is a key role in the provision of the service with responsibility for ongoing fulfillment of service requests, monitoring and adjusting backups to maintain their health and support in remediation backup failures as well as performing restorations during incidents or to pass audits (operation). Apart from operation, regular patching, daily health check and problem resolution on infrastructure environment is part of the responsibility as well. Responsibilities :
- Support enterprise backup / restore administration.
- Perform administration and monitoring on all on-prem infrastructure platforms.
- Perform administration and monitoring on AWS and Azure Cloud platform, and it is an added advantage if on-prem infrastructure platforms can be covered.
- Perform Backup management tasks, policy management, installation and configuration of backup agents on various client platforms.
- Ensure all Backup systems provide highest commitment to operational standards and controls.
- Must have experience in large environment backup and restoration capabilities
- Experience with Enterprise Backup environments as well as VMware, Oracle, MS SQL, Exchange, SharePoint, M365 and NDMP backups is an advantage
- Hands-on experience with provisioning support in AWS and Azure environment, with different OS platforms such as Windows, Linux, AIX, Sun Solaris
- Experience in networking and storage technologies is a plus
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge