We're Hitachi Vantara, a global infrastructure business. Our people are the force of meaningful progress. We enable the incredible with data - from taking theme park fans on magical rides, conserving natural resources, protecting rainforests to saving lives. We empower businesses to automate, optimize and advance innovation. Together, we create a sustainable future for all.
Imagine the sheer breadth of talent it takes to inspire he future. We don't expect you to 'fit' every requirement - your life experience, character, perspective, and passion for achieving great things in the world are equally important to us. The role
We are seeking an IBM Z (Mainframe) Platform Practitioner responsible for the following:
Mainframe Solution Design and Development
- Solutions to augment and complement the existing portfolio of Hitachi Mainframe-Attached Enterprise Storage products.
- Hitachi VSP G1500/F1500/5000 Storage Systems
- Hitachi Business Continuity Manager (BCM) Replication Management Software.
- Hitachi Universal Replicator for Mainframe (HUR) Asynchronous Remote Replication
- Hitachi TrueCopy for Mainframe (TC) Synchronous Remote Replication Program Product.
- Hitachi ShadowImage for Mainframe (SI) In-System Replication Program Product.
- Hitachi Mainframe Recovery Manager (HMRM) Business Continuity Orchestration Software.
Mainframe Storage Performance and Capacity Testing
What you'll bring
- Storage Performance and Capacity Testing Design focused upon Hitachi Enterprise Storage Subsystems and their related Software Products.
- Storage Performance and Capacity Testing Setup.
- Storage Performance and Capacity Testing Execution leveraging the PAI/O Driver for z/OS as supplied by Performance Associates, Inc.
- Storage Performance and Capacity Testing Analysis using the SAS-based Merrill's Expanded Guide (MXG) Software as provided by Merrill's Consultants .
Championing diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Strong Experience with the following IBM z/OS Operating System Programming Languages and Utilities.
- Utilities and Components:
- Metal C
- Software Configuration and Library Manager (SCLM) component of the IBM Interactive System Productivity Facility (ISPF) running on the z/OS Operating System.
- z/OS Job Control Language (JCL)
- z/OS System Rexx (SYSREXX)
- z/OS Base Control Program internal interface (BCPii)
- z/OS Security Server (RACF)
- z/OS Management Facility (z/OSMF)
- z/OSMF Workflows
- z/OS Container Extensions (zCX)
- IBM Open Data Analytics for z/OS (IzODA)
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are integral to our culture and identity. Diverse thinking, a commitment to allyship, and a culture of empowerment help us achieve powerful results. We want you to be you, with all the ideas, lived experience, and fresh perspective that brings . We support your uniqueness and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and realize their full potential as part of our team. How we look after you
We want to help you take care of your today and tomorrow - at home and at work. Which is why we offer industry-leading benefits that go far beyond compensation. That means support, services, and resources that also take care of your holistic health and wellbeing. We're always looking for new ways of working that bring out our best, which leads to unexpected ideas. Here, you'll experience a sense of belonging, and discover autonomy, freedom, and ownership as you work alongside talented people you enjoy sharing knowledge with. We're also champions of life balance and offer flexible arrangements that work for you (role and location dependent). About us
We're a global team of innovators. Together, we harness engineering excellence and passion for insight to co-create meaningful solutions to complex challenges. We turn organizations into data-driven leaders that can a make positive impact on their industries and society . If you believe that innovation can inspire the future, this is the place to fulfil your purpose and achieve your potential.
We're proud to say we're an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, age, disability status or any other protected characteristic . Should you need reasonable accommodations during the recruitment process, please let us know so that we can do our best to set you up for success.