Reporting directly to the Vice President/ Head of Americas Aftermarket Division, the Marketing Manager will research and analyze the current marketplace to accurately propose long term marketing strategies that maximize return on investment and support overall organizational objectives. This position will be responsible for overseeing the execution and measurement of promotions, pricing, cataloging, publicity, and advertising activities.
- Collaborate closely with product management team to ensure quality and accuracy of catalog data.
- Research features and attributes of vehicles in the US, Canada, and Mexico.
- Maintain the Aftermarket Catalog Exchange Standard (ACES) and Product Information Exchange Standard (PIES) Data
- Source, validate and update vehicle in operation (VIO) data.
- Manage Hitachi Astemo Aftermarket product image process.
- Calculate market coverage and identify application gaps.
- Gather, validate, and maintain product application information from internal and external sources.
- Capable to cross reference the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) / Original Equipment Supplier (OES) / Independ Aftermarket Manufacturer (IAM) part numbers.
- Responsible for the Market Intelligence for all product lines sold in North American (market trends, competitors watch…).
- Provide product information as needed by our sales team for presentations, customer meetings, etc.
- Responsible for identifying and quantifying the market potential per product line.
- Competition analysis (range, service, pricing, Unique Selling Point (USP)…) for the product lines sold in the region.
- Prepare the Distribution Analysis for customers in collaboration with the North American Sales team.
- Maintain Master price files.
- Responsible for the regional price watch.
- Propose pricing strategy by product line and channel.
- Analyze and propose new price evolution.
- Prepare the annual Advertising budget to support sales, branding, and products.
- Support the North American Customer Development Plans (CDPs) preparation and execution by the Sales Department.
- Initiate and/or coordinate the “Big Fish” process in liaison with the Aftermarket Global Headquarters.
- Propose branding strategy for North American.
- Propose product benchmarking to support sales activity.
Range Development and Launch
- Responsible for identifying range gap for each product line and share needed for Product Development Plan (PDP) in collaboration with Aftermarket Global Headquarters Team.
- Prepare business case for new references development (market potential, target market share/volume/sales, pricing strategy).
- Support new product development projects.
- Responsible to prepare/adapt the Launch Package for new references (cross-references, technical data, Unique Selling Point (USP)
- Analyze monthly sales performance per product line/per reference as well as per customer and propose (when required) corrective actions.
- Propose North American campaign / promotion plan to Sales to support North American budget achievement.
- Responsible for organizing North American trade shows.
- Support North American sales with appropriate digital strategy elaboration and digital tools deployment.
- Provide the Hitachi Aftermarket website with North American content.
Education: Must possess a bachelor’s or master’s degree in marketing, business or related.
Experience: A minimum of 5 years prior related experience, preferably in an automotive industry setting.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Will have oversight of Marketing Staff
Travel: Domestic and international travel will be required as needed.
Work Environment: Working in an office environment, with potential exposure to manufacturing and/or warehouse locations. Hybrid Work week.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]. Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.