Meet The Team
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value. What You Will Be Doing
The Director of Strategic Pricing is a hands-on role within the Global Pricing Operations team working directly with Customer Support and Success, Professional Services, Product Management, and Finance stakeholders to craft strategies and manage the pricing and packaging of support and service offerings. You will report to the VP of Pricing and build a small Services pricing team over the next 12-24 months.
You will lead the definition of new pricing and support and services offering models to maximize value extraction for customer support, customer success, and other services offerings. The scope of this role includes driving pricing strategy, gathering competitive data, setting list prices, implementing pricing policies, and measuring and maximizing price realization.
If you enjoy innovating to create value, bringing offering innovations to life across markets globally, and changing operational execution to improve pricing outcomes and business performance, this opportunity is for you. Responsibilities
What You Will Bring To The Team
- Lead pricing and packaging of service, support, and success offerings for hardware, software, and services sold through purchases, leases, subscriptions, and consumption (aaS)
- Drive and lead cross-functional pricing-related activities over the Offering Lifecycle, including establishing pricing strategies, packaging structures, unit of measure, list prices, and discount levels
- Actively engage cross-functionally to establish requirements for building organization capabilities necessary for support & services offering competitiveness
- Drive resolution of operational issues related to new pricing models, systems, and processes
- Establish key metrics, assess the performance of pricing strategies against objectives, and recommend changes to improve financial performance
- 12+ years of overall experience preferably within Pricing, Finance, Services, Customer Success, or Marketing
- Experience in enterprise/cloud technology-related fields and/or managed infrastructure solutions with deep understanding of Support, Services, and consumption/aaS pricing models required
- Highly influential in driving monetization strategies and offering structures
- Expert Excel skills and knowledge of Oracle ERP, SFDC, and CPQ tools.
- 4-year college degree required; MBA strongly preferred
As required by the equal pay and transparency acts, the expected base salary for this position is: $145,000 - $190,000
The expected pay is determined based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, depth of experience in the practice area. This position is also eligible to participate in Hitachi Vantara's bonus/variable pay programs, and are subject to the program's conditions and restrictions. Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge