We are looking for a Country Trade Compliance Officer to ensure compliance through supply chain from purchasing millions of products and services in over 200 categories from thousands of suppliers all over the world to further sales to our customers. Our goal is to create a supply base that works as an extended enterprise, creating value through continuous improvement in quality, technology and logistics, while optimizing cost and sustainability.
- Serve as single point of contact for trade compliance authorities and country management in handling trade compliance relating to Hitachi Energy exports/imports, cross-border shipments, customers or vendors
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of written trade compliance standards and procedures addressing all applicable export control, sanctions and customs requirements
- Oversee trade related archiving requirements, ensure that trade compliance records are kept and retrievable, as defined in the relevant instructions and regulations
- Ensure that all imported and exported products, software and technologies are properly classified for import/export
- Assisting in classification for special transactions, as needed. Ensure maintenance of classification and audit trail in relevant systems (GTS, DMS and SAP or similar systems)
- Develop and implement a strategy to monitor, manage and mitigate trade compliance related risks and opportunities
- Notify Local Business management, Group Trade Compliance and Trade Management and in-house legal counsel of any suspected trade compliance violation.
- Oversee trade facilitation programs, manage, and administrate authorizations and permits.
- Implement a trade compliance training program to ensure basic knowledge and awareness across the entire local organization and raise specific expertise where needed
- Ensure that Trade Compliance targets related to customs duty savings are achieved
- Provide country and Group Trade Management periodic updates regarding the status of the local trade compliance program
- Communicate trade compliance updates and promote general awareness of trade compliance in the local organization
- Maintain Local Trade Compliance page on Hitachi Energy`s intranet (TC SharePoint)
- Organize regular (at least quarterly) trade compliance trainings for local business stakeholders
- Living Hitachi energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business
- You hold a bachelor’s degree and have a minimum of 8 years of work experience
- SAP knowledge and export control, sanctions compliance
- Proficient in HS classification, free trade agreements, EU customs law, trade compliance management
- Great communication skills, presentation experience, will need to train employees on GTM areas of responsibility i.e., correctness of documentation, HS classification etc.
- Proficiency in English and Swedish are required.
More about us
Are you ready for an exciting new challenge? Does the above description sound like you? Welcome to apply by 11th of October 2023! Our selection process is continuous, and the position may be closed before the advertisement expires. So, if you are interested – don’t delay, apply today!
Union representatives - Sveriges Ingenjörer: Elisabeth Gudmundsson +46 107 38 32 19; Ledarna: Christer Fridlund, +46 107 382 912; Unionen: Karin Ulvemark +46 730 700 120.All other questions can be directed to Talent Acquisition Partner Renee Lundgren [email protected]