Date: August 29, 2023
Subject: Job Title: Business Controller Grade: Job Code: Req. #:
Business Title: OU Controller
Direct operations of the financial organization, ensuring sound financial and other business practices in accordance with Company goals, objectives, and profit plans. Direct the scheduling, progress, and completion of financial projects of major significance.
This position reports to the Financial and Reporting Controller for PGGI NAM. This position is responsible for the financial management of the PGGI Mexico Operating Unit, including coordination and direction of the accounting, budget and strategic planning, and all other activities necessary for a successful financial function. Support and serve as a Consultant and Advisor to management.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assure compliance and enforcement of BU, HUB, and country specific finance directives and instructions, including the Company Accounting and Reporting Guidelines
- Act as a Business Partner to local Operations Manager, Business Development and After-Sales Service team in Mexico to deliver goals and plans on operational performance and sales targets.
- Identify risks and assure proper risk management procedures are in place
- Direct and support the business in strategic planning and implementation of agreed to programs and plans
- Direct and support the business in budgeting and implementation of agreed to programs and plans to achieve these budgets
- Direct and support the business in financial analysis and forecasting to provide management information, then follow with direct actions and provide tools that facilitate implementation of actions to achieve performances as planned
- Serve as a Consultant and Advisor to management
- Active participation to the monthly project reviews and warranty reviews: Obtain a comprehensive understanding of project details and risk necessary for future planning, analysis, and reporting.
- Active participation in local tendering activities. Identifies and communicates commercial and financial risks and opportunities from business proposals. Ensure risk review procedures and processes in line with global policies and standards to minimize commercial and financial risks and exposure.
- Represent the business in Senior Management Meetings and play a key role in developing and implementing actions and strategies
- Deploy any required specific guidelines and common processes
- Ensure procedures and controls are in place as necessary to satisfy International Financial Reporting Standards requirements, local Control Owner for project business controls across Mexico.
- Define key performance indicators (KPIs), and assure implementation and use to improve business performance
- Perform analysis and reviews of proposals, performances, and actions within the business, and recommend next steps
- Evaluate and follow-up investment, divestment, and restructuring projects
- Assure proper financial reporting as required. Ensures high quality and compliance of financial data and business information in line with defined Global and Local standards and financial closing schedules.
- Push continuous improvements and cost reductions
- Ensure optimization of resources within the PG financial organization, including coordination and cooperation with global business service centers and centers of excellence.
- Manage team comprised of project administrator, project controllers and remote controlling & planning COE analysts, providing coaching, support, and development opportunities.
- Support SAP conversion and help drive to conclusion.
- This position requires a broad knowledge of diverse financial functions in manufacturing and general business.
- The complex financial and related responsibilities of this position require exceptional analytical, decision making and planning skills plus the ability to be a strategic leader and innovator.
- Understanding HAPG financial and business processes and structure is preferred.
- Over 10 years of finance/accounting operational experience and a Bachelor's Degree in accounting/finance or related field is required.
- CPA / CMA is not necessary but is a plus.
- Office / home environment
- Follow and perform duties in accordance with the HAPG Business Ethics.
- Maintain high standards for safety and housekeeping and assure compliance with all environmental regulations.