Engineering of GIS substations according customer requirements, preparation of associated technical documentation and inputs for SCM, Production, Factory- and on-site installation as well as customers according to engineering process.
- Leading the technical GIS project with active usage of the corresponding design and project management tools while adhering to the defined processes.
- Capture and implement the technical project requirements according to Hitachi Energy sales and customer specifications.
- Overlook the creation of substation layouts and base design documents as a basis for technical customer meetings.
- Leading of technical customer meetings. Technical expertise and development of solutions with and at the customers location. Correspondingly associated with sporadic travel activities.
- Manage the creation of all necessary information and documents for material ordering, fabrication and factory and on-site installation.
- Leading Design Optimizations and Cost Savings with the defined Design-to-Value process.
- Initiation of plant specific special designs if customer specification can’t be executed/implemented out of the existing portfolio.
- Outsourcing, monitoring and leading of defined engineering activities towards Hitachi Energy CH as well as INOPC (India).
- Initiation and handover of technical information and documents for starting construction and final documentation.
- The job owner lives an innovative and performance-oriented thinking as well as following the values of Hitachi Energy and makes a personal contribution to a good working atmosphere.
- Technical support and responsibility for your projects until end of site installation.
- Improving and reporting of your project- and NCC costs.
- Responsibility for the technical and standard-compliant technical project execution as well as fulfillment of the project targets (Deadlines, Costs and proper goals).
- Responsibility for recording of project quality costs.
- Responsibility for scheduling and technical coordination of activities in connection with upstream and downstream departments.
- Responsibility for compliance with applicable standards and regulations, in particular the standards ISO 9001 (QM system), 14001 (Environmental management) and OHSAS 18001 (occupational safety).
- Independent, well-structured and autonomous way of working. Self-control of his work and associated actions.
- Following the internal specifications according to engineering process such as process list and engineering guideline.
- Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- No previous experience needed
- Any experience in power grids or switchgears is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.