Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services, and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business, and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What you'll be doing The Role
We are seeking a Solutions Engineer to join a fast-paced, highly collaborative engineering team. In this role, you will become an expert in and contribute to complex software solutions that include the combination of Hitachi offerings and strategic partner offerings. The Engineering team embraces a highly collaborative development model that requires deep development and test involvement from start to finish for each project. Responsibilities
Education & Experience Requirements
- Become a technical SME (subject matter expert) for complex software solutions that include Hitachi object storage offerings and strategic partner offerings.
- Design & develop validation plans for these complex software solutions.
- Contribute to hands on engineering tasks and projects to deliver solution reference architecture & best practices whitepapers.
- Engage & collaborate with cross-functional Hitachi corporate teams, other Hitachi engineering teams, and strategic partner teams to bring joint solutions to market.
- Assist with integrations, technology research, and reference solution design
Contribute to automation code/test suites to identify potential regression in the solutions when Hitachi and/or partners release new software versions.
- Triage automation test suites results
- Contribute to the design, development, deployment, management, monitor, and support of the online offering for all partners to self-certify their applications with Hitachi's object storage offering.
- 2- 5 years of hands-on contribution in software engineering or related field
- Understanding of engineering processes (including Agile methodologies)
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Ability to convey complex technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Tech savvy, detail oriented, and highly driven
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Passion for delivering results and a positive attitude for success
- Ability to handle and appropriately prioritize multiple projects and tasks
- Relevant formal education, including BSCS or MSCS
- The following experience would be a plus:
- Hands on development experience
- Ability to ramp up on new technologies quickly
- Experience with ambiguous projects
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge