Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What you'll be doing
Role reports into the Head of Business Continuity Management. The role requires an understanding of business continuity planning methodologies and support of critical business operations. This role will assist in maintaining and improving the business continuity program to improve resiliency and support organization's preparation for emergencies including regular tests and exercises.
What you bring to the team
- Support the maintenance and development of Business Process Recovery plans and Incident Management Team (IMT) plans,
- Support in testing, collecting and maintaining evidence of exercise results and follow up on action points,
- Develop schedules and materials for Business Continuity training/awareness activities to ensure that business continuity teams are trained and proficient in implementing the IMT and business recovery plans,
- Develop, administer and manage content on the Business Continuity SharePoint, Intranet sites and other tools used by the team,
- Support in maintaining the SAI 360 and MIR3 Business Continuity tools,
- Monitoring of global material / significant events,
- Provide support in responding to customer requests and audits,
- Provide support in responding to vendor risk assessment requests.
- Ideally a background in risk management / quality control / safety / business continuity,
- Degree educated or equivalent (CBCI qualified desirable but not essential),
- Excellent analytical, organizational and project management skills,
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills,
- Must be able to interact and work efficiently and effectively with stakeholders across the organisation,
- Must be a productive team player and must also be comfortable working independently, with little direct supervision,
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and treat sensitive information with discretion,
- Role requires flexibility (open to work 2-4 hours early or late to match global time zones), willingness, and ability to travel (approximately 10%).
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge