Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What you'll be doing
The Pricing Manager is responsible for the efficient operation of the Deals Desk Pricing Team in EMEA and for ensuring that all pricing maximizes profit while fully adhering to compliance obligations while meeting agreed SLA's for responsiveness and maximizing win rates. They coordinate the activity of the Pricing Strategists to provide pricing support to field sales teams. Leads and provides guidance to Pricing Strategists for Quote pricing activities and ensures skills are continuously developed. Provides manpower recommendations and schedules resources to ensure optimal support coverage. May assume the role of the Global Deals Desk Pricing Director in specific situations.
What you bring to the team
- Act as focal point for Human Resource issues within the Pricing Strategist team; including salary administration, performance monitoring & review and skills development plans.
- Advise Global Deals Desk Pricing Director on specific resource requirements and personnel issues that affect ability to support field sales activity.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Global Deals Desk Pricing Director and Configuration; Sales Operations; and Commercial teams as well as Field Sales Management and Finance colleagues. Assume role of Global Deals Desk Pricing Director in specific situations.
- Analyze statistics, trends, effectiveness and utilization of the Pricing Strategist team.
- Proactively communicate to uncover changes in requirements and to distribute information related to job, market or DO customers.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field highly desirable,
- Experience directly related to IT systems and data storage pricing issues. Internal Hitachi Vantara experience of 3-5 years preferred,
- Prior experience of, or demonstrable potential for, management of finance or pre-sales support personnel,
- Demonstrable strong background in dealing with customers and managing financial/technical staff,
- Knowledge of EMEA storage industry would be preferred
- Demonstrable knowledge of deal analysis, strategic pricing, US GAAP revenue recognition accounting standards,
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organisation,
- Strong organizational and people management skills,
- Self-motivator who demonstrates drive and initiative,
- Language capability in English essential.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge