Hitachi Energy: Powered by people. Fueled by knowledge. The top 5 software companies in the world. This is a senior role to drive business growth and pipeline in support of the company’s revenue goals. Managing all aspects of territory throughout Europe, this role is responsible for the execution of the company’s strategy, developing plans focused on pipeline generation, marketing, and enablement, and driving alignment with Field Marketing and aligned Sales teams. This role is critical to the success of the region, identifying, developing, and driving pipeline within territory and to discover and deliver incremental revenue opportunities for the region. You will be based in one of the following countries: - Italy, France, Romania, Finland, Belgium, or The Netherlands.
Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, the Senior Sales Executive will apply insight and planning to drive Hitachi Energy Enterprise Software solution propositions in order to generate a pipeline of incremental sales opportunities. To achieve these objectives, the Senior Sales Executive must work cross functionally through the various Hitachi Energy ES sales, marketing, services, and support departments displaying direction and leadership to define and advance the overall team goals.
You possess skills with the following:
- Working closely with the European region Marketing organization to drive business and pipeline growth within Europe in support of the European regional sales teams
- Focuses on strategic partnerships and strong execution to build long term value and sustainable success for both Hitachi Energy Enterprise Software and its clients
- Contributes to the development of the European region and Business Plan working with the Sales Managers and other stakeholders across the business
- Works closely with Field Marketing and Sales Teams, to develop structured, enablement plans and marketing campaigns focused on existing and net new pipeline generation
- Works independently to determine the best approach for achieving personal and team goals
- Interfaces with Senior Management inside Hitachi Energy to drive closer engagement between our respective sales, field marketing, professional services and customer services teams
- Understands how to leverage the business partner political structure, and builds senior executive champions to drive change and overcome hurdles
- Interfaces with and shares best practices with other regional partner leads and stakeholders
As a Senior Sales Executive, you will have the responsibility for generating revenue by selling software solutions and associated services directly to prospective clients. You will be in charge of devising direct sales strategies and plans to deliver revenue growth. You will also be in charge of proactively developing the sales pipeline and drive these to fruition.
You must demonstrate a high-level understanding of business processes and integration solutions in asset management industry. You will also need to work with the pre-sales team and subject matter experts in order to prepare and submit documents such as RFI/ RFQ/ RFP.
In developing the pipeline and scoping sales opportunities, you need to be able to visualize the technical requirements communicated by various departments of a prospective client, and to be able to synthesize these into proposed solutions which the client will find compelling. You must be able to understand the implicit and explicit requirements and navigate these from a techno-commercial perspective.
- Develop sales plans, strategies, and presentations designed to deliver revenue growth.
- Perform sales activities to achieve or exceed assigned revenue objectives.
- Meet new account sales quotas for products and services by closing recognizable contracts.
- Call on existing and prospective customers to identify opportunities and solicit orders.
- Analyze customers needs and recommend solution that best meets the customers requirements.
- Work independently to develop the sales pipeline
- Remain knowledgeable of organization's products/services to facilitate sales efforts.
- Compile lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads based on industry information sources
- Work with marketing and regional front-end sales to develop visibility to prospective clients
- Enter new customer data and other sales data for current customers into CRM systems (e.g. Salesforce.com) database.
- Promptly follows up marketing leads and other customer-based actions.
- Work with global technical resources to produce the most compelling and concise proposal response.
- Quote prices and credit terms and prepare sales contracts.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business
Your background :
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent - Engineering, Business/Economics and Information Systems degrees preferred
- Minimum 5 years of enterprise software related industry experience and enterprise asset management, asset performance management, workforce management solutions, with knowledge of the industry landscape, prospective clients and business network
- A proven track record (or demonstrated ability) of client engagement in the software sector, leading to successful pipeline and business growth
- Strategic Business Acumen, and resilience in sales pursuits
- Exposure to Hitachi Energy Enterprise Software Product is desirable. Experience with EAM, WFM & APM Software solutions and/or competitive product offerings is ideal.
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities and the ability to deliver professional and persuasive presentations
- Business networks and clients contacts in the Europe region is a plus
- Proven track record of direct or virtual people management
- Previous enterprise software sales and management experience (both direct and indirect)
- Experience of working with large software vendors particularly SAP, Oracle IBM and Microsoft is valuable
- Proven track record of strong success in personally developing client relationships/ programs with demonstrable results
- Knowledge of Enterprise Information Management or comparable market space, competitors, trends and related industries
- Previous experience successfully partnering with local and international SI’s and technology partners
- Proven history of being able to work independently and with cross-functional sales, marketing and engineering teams to achieve company and departmental objectives
- Strong business acumen and capable of developing and managing strategic plans with partner and company executives and challenging the status
- Proven history of analyzing situations, employing creative and effective decision making to solve problems/achieve result
- Outstanding written/verbal communication skills and excellent negotiating skills and ability to present to both small and large audiences
- Industry knowledge in Utilities, Industrial and Engineering desirable but not essential
- Willingness to travel as required
- Excellent English language skills. Other European languages are highly advantageous.
- Good understanding of Vegetation Management, Field Service Management, Asset Management, and Asset Performance Management.