*US Residency and working authorization required. Meet the Team
This individual will need to have strong partner management/sales leadership capabilities and business acumen to develop new opportunities with both existing and acquisition partners.
Important qualities for this candidate include: a keen understanding of their territory's dynamics, an ability to understand the partner's business initiatives, the ability to properly articulate the HV solutions portfolio, strong understanding of the market's dynamics, competitive landscape, and the ability to deliver the HV vision and direction. This role requires an ability to work in a team environment and to collaborate across multiple business groups.
The Partner Manager (PM) will also be tasked with developing and driving internal adherence to the HV partner programs while actively promoting each partner's capabilities and value propositions to local HV sales team. The ideal candidate will have strong relationships with the territory eco -system of partners and serve as the go-to-market leader and subject matter expert for assigned partner(s) to the HV field sales team. The PM will interface with the HV sales and pre-sales organizations, Partner sales and Global System Integrator sales teams, as well as each company's internal organizations as necessary to execute an effective go-to-market plan and meet/exceed assigned sales objectives. What You Will Be Doing
What You Bring to the Team
- Will have an assigned geographical territory.
- Quota will be based on the assigned territory.
- The PM's primary focus will be growing the HV brand presence & preference within VMware by increasing the number of partner reps selling HV solutions, drive new partner sourced business, aligning HV enterprise accounts to the partner base and recruiting new partners to drive our entire portfolio of solutions.
- The PM will own and manage forecast and pipeline for assigned accounts and territory. Execute gap plans as necessary to exceed revenue objectives.
- Will have COMPLETE knowledge of available HV programs to help facilitate partner support.
- Must have a strong and recent working knowledge of the HV Alliance partners and technology partners
- Should be able to work with the GSI National Account Managers on district based opportunities.
- A recent working knowledge of the GSI partner's field sales team and knowledge of their solution portfolio as it relates to their district
- The PM must have the ability to inspire partners to embrace and leverage HV solution portfolio while promoting the Hitachi value proposition at all levels within the territory partners
- The PM will have the ability to establish strong relationships with partner executives and involving HV management will be instrumental to success.
- Have a creative mindset to provide new ideas for growth
- Build training programs to enable partners (sales and presales) to meet each solution goal
- This position will be responsible for documenting a business plan in the territory using SFDC.
- Must be an integral part of the district leadership team and build a strong relationship with the area DM.
- 7+ years of industry knowledge inclusive of Storage, digital transformation, IOT, solution selling, and related technology experience and industry
- Minimum of 2 years selling experience or calling on VMware required
- Knowledge of the HV partner base is a must
- Knowledge of the HV Alliance partner's and GSI's sales teams and solution offerings
- Strong leadership, communication, and sales skills
- Must possess a high-level of energy that inspires partner to work with HV and HV reps to work with partners
- Proven ability to leverage MDF programs to drive results and capture new business
- Ability to develop lasting high level relationships that influences revenue growth
- History of exceeding sales goals
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Ability to articulate a persuasive value proposition to VP and CEO levels within the partner community
- Ability to prioritize effectively while managing a large geographic territory
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage as we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours, and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge