Our Mining Assembly division is actively seeking a motivated individual to join the team in the position of Workshop HD Fitter at our new state of the art workshop based in our Forrestdale Branch. This opportunity will see you work in a team of mining assembly employees on the new machine builds. Your key focus will be to assemble, maintain and repair a wide range of mining and construction equipment to customer specifications and provide quality diagnostic and general maintenance service in a professional, timely manner.
You will also be responsible for:
- The repair and maintenance of both new and used equipment
- Ensuring all new machine assembly is completed as scheduled, whilst maintaining the quality of all machines that are assembled.
- Assemble of our range of Mining Equipment EX1200-7 - EX8000-7 Excavators & EH3500-3 - EH5000-3 Haul Trucks
- Conduct basic failure analysis and identify specific modes of failure
- Preparation and testing pre-delivery inspections of new equipment
- Ensuring all work carried out is performed in a safe manner
- Completion and submission of all relevant paperwork and reports
- Maintain a clean and tidy working environment in line with the company's 5S standards
- Liaise closely with mining assembly supervisor and leading hand to ensure that the customer receives exactly what they have ordered and delivery targets are achieved.
- Assisting the mining assembly leading hand with other related duties.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Ensure the HCA Safety Culture is embraced, displayed and driven from within - safety takes priority over everything else
- Hold relevant Australian (or Australian recognised) Mobile Plant, Fitter Machinist or Heavy Diesel trade qualifications or Experienced Light Vehicle Mechanic looking to move into mining and construction machinery industry or you have just completed mobile plant apprenticeship and you are looking to learn OEM machinery
- Ability to be technical and mechanically experience / aptitude
- Good communication skills and the ability to work autonomously or as part of a team
- Having experienced within a similar role or in a workshop environment would be highly advantageous
- Exposure to LEAN/Six Sigma would be advantageous
What is in it for you? We are offering:
- $$$ A competitive pay rate + potential to earn bi-annual bonuses!
- A permanent long term career in a growing business
- Discounted health insurance premiums & access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Optional rosters with ability to work overtime.
- Be a part of a leading OEM which genuinely values and ensures you are happy and safe at work!
- Free onsite parking
- Ongoing training and opportunities for upskilling with access to the latest technologies.
- Great workplace culture - empathetic & supportive supervisors who strive for good work/life balance
- Tailored training to suit career development
- Uniform: Generous uniform supplied Full PPE
- Home Electrical Appliances: Employee exclusive staff discounts on Hitachi goods
- Referral Bonus:
- Bring your mate for the opportunity to earn $2000.00 with all successful referrals!!!
- Work Type: Full Time
- Supportive management who value your input in finding new and improved ways to achieving success.
- Skills matrix allowing visibility on training required available to advance and develop your career
- Opportunity to work on the entirety of the Hitachi range
- Brand new state of the art workshop and facilities
- Be a part of team that prides ourselves in delivering world-leading equipment from large scale mines to local owner-operators
At Hitachi, we value our people and work towards providing guidance on your career path towards a rewarding and successful experience. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer who recruits based on merit and capabilities. We encourage and support a diverse talent pool of skill, ethnicity and gender, to create a wide culture of shared values and enriched experiences in our business.