Job ID: R0032155
Date Posted: Oct 19, 2023
Segment: Connective Industries
Business Unit: Hitachi Industrial Equipment Systems
Company Name: HITACHI INDUSTRIAL EQUIPMENT & SOLUTIONS AMERICA, LLC
Profession (Job Category): Sales, Marketing & Product Management
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
General Field Sales work includes face-to-face and remote selling to both new and existing customers including: Selling directly to the end consumer/business purchaser or indirectly through various sales channels. Assessing customer needs and suggesting appropriate products, services, and/or solutions. Developing and delivering sales bids, presentations, and proposals and conducting product demonstrations. Identifying and contacting prospective customers and building relationships to generate future sales and repeat business Incumbents matching to this specialization are compensated based on achievement of sales targets. An Experienced Professional (P2) applies practical knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education and work experience. May require the following proficiency: Works independently with general supervision. Problems faced are difficult but typically not complex. May influence others within the job area through explanation of facts, policies and practices.
• Increase industrial market sales volume with both new and existing Hitachi brand industrial OEMs and distribution accounts by assisting to establish and implementation of sales strategies and marketing programs.
• Work with Representatives to identify, recruit and train distributors to provide improved geographic coverage in assigned territory.
• Assist distributor personnel and/or Representatives with presentations at existing and potential new OEM customer sites. Develop specifications and proposals as required. Strengthen sales personnel and application skills through continued coaching and formal training.
• Actively participate in the development of sales forecasts with distributors and OEM accounts as an aid to sales operations staff in planning forward stocks.
• Be alert to competitive products and marketing practices and include in monthly reports to department management and Japan-side counterparts along with Hitachi activity within the assigned area.
• Submit special reports regarding the activity in assigned territory, acceptance or rejection of the products and competitive conditions beneficial to company operations/planning.
• Maintain log of significant quotations within territory in our CRM that would include won-loss reports targeted at improving future sales success.
• Recommend the addition of new products or features as appropriate.
• Attend and participate in Sales Meetings, Training Programs and Trade Shows as directed by manager and as needed to achieve sales targets.
• Participate in and contribute to programs or activity as assigned by cognizant management.