Hitachi Energy is seeking a Senior Continuous Improvement - Lean Expert for North America. This is a remote opportunity. The ITM system is the global Transformers business unit Lean management system defining how we operate as an organization and how we run the business. This role is responsible for leading and driving sustainable and transformational change across multiple NAM Hub Factories and functional teams, focused on process improvement, ITM system maturity and demonstrated improvement in Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Successful candidate will be a business partner to Factory Vice Presidents and Business Unit Leadership team members.
- Partners with the cross-functional leadership team in developing and operationalizing the Strategy Deployment process and Operations Center approach. Facilitates development of breakthrough objectives, action plans, KPI’s (Bowlers) and leads in development of Kaizen plan to support the overall needs of the organization. Lead in operationalizing Strategy Deployment, ensuring effective Leader Standard Work (LSW) and a connected Lean daily management system.
- Change agent and champion of a continuous improvement culture focused on waste elimination across the organization using ITM lean methods, processes and tools, such as 5S, Daily Management, LSW, Value Stream or Process Mapping, Kaizen, etc. Lead all activities in the organization to implement the ITM system and drive improved maturity scores to advance the organization through the ITM phases of deployment. Closely monitors ITM Maturity Development results and facilitates implementation of actions to lead the organization through the maturity phases; drive to the ideal state in which ITM is how we operate as an organization.
- Drive optimization of KPIs throughout the Factories and functional organizations that you support. Lead and facilitate process improvement for the organization and partner with extended cross-functional teams, at all levels of the organization, on overall use of ITM tools to drive productivity. Develop Financial acumen to ensure priority actions are focused on driving the right improvements in the business, impacting the bottom line.
- Create, manage and facilitate the development of Cost-out and productivity projects across the business to achieve targets. Facilitate and train team members in utilization of RELEX reporting of Improvement projects. Ensure effective sustainment of results and support problem solving (Root Cause Countermeasure) as needed to close gaps to targets, as well as driving Transactional Process Improvements.
- Build continuous improvement capability through training and implementation of ITM tools and methods. Be the expert on the ITM system, with focus on training and coaching others to build people and organization capabilities. Build a Coaching culture across the organization with focus on Employee Engagement and Accountability. Combine technical knowledge with people and organizational skills to deliver organizational maturity and KPI improvements.
- Live Hitachi Energy’s core value of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business, and 15+ years of experience in areas of Lean operating/management systems, continuous improvement, manufacturing, engineering, and/or Transactional process improvement.
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Experience in the implementation of one of the following: Toyota Production System, Danaher Business System, Honeywell Operating System or similar.
- Track record of delivering breakthrough results impacting the bottom line.
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach, with strong communication skills and demonstrated ability to foster teamwork.
- Developing strategy and translating into actionable plans & driving sustainable change through influence.
- Experience in challenging conventional thinking, approach and methodology and driving improvements, and the ability to lead teams through influence without authority.
- Proven capacity to coordinate and lead remote teams, working in different geographic locations.
- Certifications are a plus in Lean/ Six Sigma (e.g., Lean Master, Lean Expert, Black Belt, etc.)
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.