Manufacturing Quality Assurance work includes: Defining and specifying activities, processes, and standards to fulfill the quality requirements for a manufactured material, component, or product. Building and maintaining the infrastructure and systems necessary to consistently ensure the timely delivery of quality products. Auditing, monitoring, and determining the quality of manufacturing processes and/or outputs against defined internal and regulatory standards. Reporting and troubleshooting manufacturing process deviations and defects in finished goods An Experienced Professional (P2) applies practical knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education and work experience. May require the following proficiency: Works independently with general supervision. Problems faced are difficult but typically not complex. May influence others within the job area through explanation of facts, policies and practices.
- Deploy and support Quality Culture within Operation unit, by assuring and controlling Quality with systems, tools and teams to exceed customer expectations while ensuring sustainable operations. Supports and maintains the Quality Management System of the local unit.
- Ensure effective internal controls are in place to verify that processes continue to meet customer and stakeholder requirements. Validate that control plans are developed and effective in mitigating known risks.
- Perform incoming quality inspection of materials received from Suppliers, define inspection/ acceptance criteria. Handling and managing the closure of non-conformities observed during the process.
- Provide support to other functional teams as needed to deploy incoming test protocols and to perform First Article Inspections. Work with department staff to improve existing test protocols and capability, resulting in greater efficiency, accuracy, and/or reliability of test / inspection outcomes.
- Represent the Voice of the Customer within local teams. Challenge the teams with customer experience feedback and input to decisions. Enable and coach employees to evaluate risks, problems and solutions from a customer/stakeholder point of view. Ensure effective handling of customer complaints to logical closure.
- Acquire and report in an accurate and timely manner on Quality metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the analysis and management of local processes. Utilize measurement systems to produce data that reflect the accurate characteristics of materials, products, systems, and processes.
- Utilize the local Quality Management System to provide the local teams with procedures and documentation that sufficiently describe their work activities. Lead the local teams in the application of an operational approach and system of process management that is continually evaluated for effectiveness.
- Perform audits and use Quality data analytics from all parts of the operation to identify risks, failures and non-conformances within the local operations, its suppliers and customers. Assist in the application of appropriate corrective and preventive action and manage solutions to closure with effective RCAs / 8Ds.
- Provide feedback to work teams from their internal and external customers to promote alignment between process output and customer expectations.
- Provide quality training to local teams enabling them to define and document processes that are efficient and under control.
- Execute the local approach to continuous improvement and strategy deployment via L6S. Facilitate best practice sharing within your location. Work in cross functional teams to execute the strategy and escalate as necessary to remove roadblocks.
- Promoter of a positive and proactive Quality culture within our unit.
- Live Hitachi Energy core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Living Hitachi Energy core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Certified ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 Internal auditor or Lead Auditor.
- Individual contributor using prior theoretical learning or knowledge of methods and technologies to execute work assignments using established solutions and often thinking independently to challenge traditional solutions.
- Comprehensive knowledge of related quality concepts and works independently, applying established standards and instruct or coaches other professionals.
- Knowledge and working experience on PPAP process, FMEA, MSA, 8D methodology.
- Lean 6 Sigma working experience (Green Belt) is an added advantage.
- Working knowledge on usage of VMS and good knowhow on mechanical and electrical equipment measurement concepts.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Education qualification requirement: min bachelor’s degree (BE) in Mechanical / Electrical & Electronics Engineering with 4 – 8 years of relevant quality experience.
- Proficiency in both spoken & written English language is required.