This position will lead and manage Environmental programs and processes at the manufacturing facility in South Boston, VA. This role will report to the HSE Manager for the South Boston, VA facility.
- Acting as a coach and advisor toward the leadership team concerning environmental management.
- Program / process development to enhance organization’s compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal environmental regulations.
- Providing support for the Company and Business Unit environmental management systems and assisting the sites with inspections and audits, analyzing the results, and managing the corrective actions.
- Ensuring compliance to environmental incident reporting, investigation, and analysis program.
- Assisting the site with customer environmental requests as well as consolidating / presenting environmental information upon customer request
- Implementation of various Company and Business Unit environmental programs and procedures (Energy Management, Greenhouse Gases, Material Compliance, Waste Management, etc.)
- Propose and oversee environmental KPI’s to drive overall environmental improvement within the business
- Help to identify and drive sustainability projects that will reduce overall environmental impact.
- Act as a lead for the ISO 14001 / 50001 management system.
- Assisting site personnel with daily management, incident reporting, investigation and compliance within the overall Health, Safety and Environment function.
- Responsible for participation in HSE strategic planning to help move the organization towards achieving all KPI’s as well as target and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Chemistry, Environmental or Occupational Health Sciences.
- 4 or more years of relevant HSE experience, preferably in manufacturing
- Strong knowledge of environmental regulations including air, wastewater, stormwater, and hazardous waste
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and influencing skills
- Proven problem solving and decision-making skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office and plant specific software systems
- Professional certifications (e.g. CHMM, REM, CSP, CIH).
- High comfort level with digitized management tools
- Experience with represented workforce
- Ability to operate within and support matrixed leadership and functional teams
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.