Job ID: R0030644
Date Posted: Dec 4, 2023
Segment: Green Energy & Mobility
Business Unit: Hitachi Energy
Company Name: HITACHI ENERGY TECHNOLOGY SERVICES PRIVATE LIMITED
Profession (Job Category): Engineering & Science
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
The Hitachi Energy Indian Operations Center (INOPC) is a competence center with around 1500 skilled engineers who focus on tendering, engineering, planning, procurement, functional system testing, installation supervision and commissioning. However, over the last decade, it has evolved to become the largest engineering hub. The India Operations Centre is a key aspect of the Power Grids business Power Up transformation program. The Hitachi Energy Indian Operations Center team at Chennai supports Hitachi Energy’s units in more than 40 countries across a wide portfolio of all the four business units in Power Grid business. To date, the team has executed engineering and commissioning for projects in more than 80 countries.
Design authority for an engineering discipline with low to medium complexity. Complete assignments on small projects or portions of larger projects, cost-effectively and in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards and safety requirements. Based on technical specification from end customers and inputs from OU Engineering team, prepare Protection & Principle SLD, Schematics, Power supply scheme, Substation layouts – plan & sections, Standard technical specifications for major equipment, R&D activities to improve the work process, Comparison between AIS, GIS & PASS solution, Cost comparison between different solutions, Bill of materials, RFQs, vetting of vendor offers, engg hours estimation, technical risk assessment and opportunity evaluation etc.
1. Design authority for all engineering activities for assignments on projects classified as Low and Medium engineering complexity. Support Project Manager for any technical issues.
2. SPOC with customer for Engineering activities of the project. Participate in customer meetings, act on customer needs, expectations and improve customer experience.
3. Lead, supervise and coordinate engineering project team: scope, schedule & progress, approvals, budget, targets, resource load & cost-to-complete [Engineering Meetings / Engineering Review]. Ensure Engineering processes are applied and if needed agree on scaling with Engineering Manager.
4. Conduct Engineering Project Reviews and report progress and cost-to-complete to Engineering- and Project Manager
5. Establishes contacts with suppliers for technical support, to improve material quality and/or to decrease costs. Technical Obtains prototype product and develops technical tests. Ensure the deliveries as per schedule and carry out regular reviews
6. Having Primary / Secondary design expertise and able to deliver transmission and distribution projects
7. Preparing standards and focus on continuous improvements both technically and functionally
8.Check if quality process is applied by all contributing engineering parties. Escalate to QA/QC.
9. Track and handle technical issues and follow up. Handle clarification where more than one domain/function/party is concerned plus those topics that cannot be allocated to an engineering domain. Initiate mitigation of possible responsibility gaps in the project team.
10.Coach and develop project engineers / designers to deliver their maximum potential, plan the skill development needs for the engineers
11. Identify, track, clarify & drive project change cases that relate to engineering scope. Support claim preparation (client & supplier). Initiate and drive corrective actions.
12. Collect and consolidate project risks and opportunities from engineering team, technical, but as well related to engineering progress, information/data availability and assumptions taken. Define, coordinate & take proactive actions to mitigate risks and lead to opportunities. Follow-up. Take calculated risk in pursuit of results and speed.
1. Knowledge of primary equipment, such as circuit breakers, disconnectors, earthing switches, instrument transformers, power transformers, etc
2. Knowledge of HV grid power systems
3. Understanding of interfaces to HV and MV overhead line and cable systems
4. HV & MV substation engineering understanding and experience preferred
5. Good understanding of secondary design aspects of substations, such as CT VT Sizing, Cable sizing, Protection & Control schemes, LVAC / LVDC supplies, Interlocking, Telecommunication, etc is an added advantage.
6. Good understanding of civil and structural design elements of substations, such transformer bunds, cable troughs, ducts, support structures, substation access roads, etc.
7. Prepare, review and validate Bill of material for tenders or projects based on requirement.
8. Know-how on design calculations related to Primary Engineering
9. Providing Optimized and Customized solutions for various substation tenders (AIS, GIS, Hybrid, MoSS)
10. Bachelors Engineering in Electrical
11. 10 - 12 years of experience