Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What you'll be doing
• Technical Application Architecture and Development Skills (J2EE SpringBoot / Serverless Typescript)
• AWS Cloud design and configuration experience (ECS/EKS/ALB/VPC/RDS)
General consulting skills including: analysis and problem solving, written and verbal communication, and team collaboration.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
• Experience in full life-cycle of software development or methodology such as RUP or Agile; requirements analysis, design, development, testing and implementation
• Experience working in a global delivery model leveraging offshore locations
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science, mathematics, or equivalent experience
• 2+ years of expertise designing and scaling cloud-based applications (AWS).
• Configuration and deployment experience in the following:
o AWS apps technologies such as RDS, DynamoDB, RedShift
o AWS IaaS Technologies such as ECS/EC2, EKS/Kubernetes, S3, ALB/ELB, VPC, Route 53
o Deployed applications with Web UI frontends
o Deployed application with RESTful/SOAP services interfaces
• Experience with automation technologies like Terraform, CloudFormation, Jenkins, Chef or Puppet
• 4-5 years of experience in Custom Application Design & Development utilizing Java, J2EE, UNIX/Linux, PL/SQL, Data Structures, Design Patterns, Algorithms and Optimizations, Object-Oriented design, Shell scripting
• 3-4+ years of expertise in Service Oriented Design & implementing RESTful APIs in n-tier architectures
• 3+ years of experience and knowledge of SOA/micro-services (using Spring Framework)
• Data Modeling skills and working experiences with databases, preferably using both Relational (Oracle, MySQL etc.) and NoSQL (Cassandra, DocumentDB, MongoDB, etc.)
• Working knowledge of enterprise search platforms such as SOLR and ElasticSearch.
• Proficient with SOAP, WSDL, XSD, JSON, Web services and XML
• Understanding of Agile software development, Continuous Integration, GIT workflow and version control (Jira/Perforce/SVN/Bugzilla/GIT/GitFlow)
• Experience with Integration Testing, Unit Test frameworks, and Test Automation tools
• Experience with JBOSS, Apache, Tomcat servers
• Experience with optimization of queuing and message brokers (JMS, ActiveMQ, Qpid, RabbitMQ)
As required by the equal pay and transparency acts, the expected base salary for this position is between $130k-$160k + bonus.
The expected pay is determined based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, depth of experience in the practice area. Employees are eligible to participate in Hitachi Vantara's bonus/variable/commission pay programs, where applicable, and are subject to the program's conditions and restrictions. Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge