Meet The Team
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value. * Hybrid role based in Dallas, Texas What You Will Be Doing
The Service Delivery Manager (SDM) is responsible for the operational service delivery and the day-to day relationship for the assigned customer account. Responsibilities include 24x7 IT operation support using an ITIL framework, strategic planning, architecture design and implementation, customer meetings, project and program management, capacity planning and forecast, capital, operations and headcount forecast and budgeting, vendor management, audit compliance (SOX, PCI, etc.), requests for service (RFS), statements of work (SOW), standard quotes, along with planning, assigning and directing work; and appraising performance of personnel. Responsibilities:
What You Will Bring To The Team:
- Primary responsibility of IT Operations for the assigned account(s) on a daily basis
- Provide weekly and monthly operations meetings and reports with the customer and Hitachi.
- Provide monthly governance meetings and reports with the customer and Hitachi.
- Act as the situation manager in the event of a critical incident for the assigned account(s).
- Owns and ensures timely incident escalation occurs in accordance with established policies, procedures and SLA requirements for the assigned account(s).
- Primary accountability for delivery within the boundaries of the P&L, while ensuring Service Levels are met including capacity management (logistics, planning and execution) and performance management.
- Ensure that Hitachi meets or exceeds the SLAs and Contract Deliverables
- Accountable for the overall delivery team that handles the day-to-day operations of the infrastructure for which Hitachi is responsible.
- Coach, mentor and develop staff including providing career development and training plans.
- Reports to the Client Director and supports the Client Director in furthering the relationship the customer
- Owns the creation, establishment and maintenance of IT policies, procedures and practices using ITIL framework to efficiently manage the storage infrastructure
- Insuring compliance with established policies, procedures and practices defined by Hitachi for managing the infrastructure
- Analyzing and reporting actual to contracted SLA performance levels
- Identifying, managing and reporting continuous improvement initiatives within the account.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of Delivery Management and/or IT Operations Management experience in the IT industry.
- Proficient with hardware, software and operating systems found in enterprise environments.
- Possesses strong Hitachi Storage, Compute and Infrastructure product knowledge.
- Possess general understanding of IT Infrastructure, ITIL framework and ITSM.
- Strong understanding of multiple business environments.
- Prior experience leading, motivate and direct a delivery team.
- Ability to prioritize projects and deliverables.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in IT Management or other related technology fields of study.
- ITIL & PMP Certification - strongly preferred
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge