Meet our Team
Our Chief of Staff will work closely with our marketing executive team. You will have an immediate impact on our productivity, streamlining strategic initiatives, overseeing program management, and communicating objectives between departments. We are looking for a motivated, energetic, and adaptable individual reporting to our Chief Marketing Officer. You will play an instrumental role in defining our growth plans for the organization and lead initiatives, develop frameworks, track metrics, brainstorm creatively and chair discussion with the leadership teams on our path forward. You will ensure streamlined activities within the organization based on the priorities of the CMO and lead in wide-ranging, highly visible strategic tasks and projects to support our business objectives, while driving synchronization of groups within the organization. You will serve as a thought leader and strategic advisor to the CMO, standing in on meetings, challenging ideas and offering a different perspective, and following up on action items with the team accordingly. Act as the point of contact for the CMOS's direct reports. Proactively follow up with the leaders when goals are not being achieved to determine why objectives are not being met. ** This is an Individual Contributor role at high level Director level ** What you'll be doing
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in a business management role, with a special focus on executive-level advising and interdepartmental collaboration.
Objectives of this Role:
What you bring to the team
- Support the CMO to drive global strategic objectives and departmental strategy, ensuring all departments are aligned to vision, strategy and operate as an efficient team to achieve our goals.
- Oversee & lead few strategic business initiatives from development through successful execution under the guidance of CMO and Marketing Leadership teams and ensuring alignment with Hitachi's values.
- Exhibits deep understanding of high-growth go-to-markets strategy and is therefore adept at simplifying complexity.
- Assist and communicate with Marketing Leadership team in decision-making, program management, and initiative implementation. Help them navigate through uncertainty.
- Serve as liaison between staff, marketing leaders, and CMO, regarding org climate, project updates, proposals, and planning.
- In partnership with HR leader and CMO, review, design, and execute improvements to org structure find knowledge and skills gaps and help address them.
- Improve current marketing processes and coordinate organizational procedures for optimized efficiency and productivity.
- Build and maximize trusting relationships with Marketing Leadership team, seeking to understand and align leadership priorities.
- In partnership with our HR leader, help drive and foster a culture through internal cross-group initiatives and driving new culture plans.
- Effective at balancing both strategy and execution - can think strategically but can also roll up their sleeves to get things done.
- Should have organizational intelligence and be able to anticipate roadblocks and provide solutions.
- Understand and help create reports and insights around marketing performance metrics for exec teams, Board, and internal stakeholders.
- Plan and host QBRs, MBRs, MLT meetings, and other important milestone checkpoints.
- Master's degree in business administration or similar field.
- 7+ years in a business or executive management role.
- Proven experience organizing and directing multiple teams and departments.
- Extremely versatile, dedicated to efficient productivity.
- Experience planning and leading strategic initiatives.
- Experience with data analysis and budget management.
- Consulting experience with a focus on operations management.
- Proven success in a project coordination role.
- Strong project reporting skills, with a focus on interdepartmental communication.
- Comfortable working with senior executives and impeccable in senior stakeholder relationship management.
- Agile, flexible, and the ability to execute both short and long-term initiatives.
- Ability to work in a high-energy, unstructured, and entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrates significant attention to detail and is an exceptional project manager.
- Demonstrated track record of leadership through influence.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative environment with heavy emphasis on teamwork.
- Available to travel with executive leadership.
As required by the equal pay and transparency acts, the expected base salary for this position is:
- Tier One Location (including New York City and California Bay Area): $200k -$275k.
- Tier Two Location (including Colorado, Seattle, and the rest of California): $180k - $250k
The expected pay is determined based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, depth of experience in the practice area. Employees are eligible to participate in Hitachi Vantara's bonus/variable/commission pay programs, where applicable, and are subject to the program's conditions and restrictions. Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge