Hitachi Energy is seeking for a Facilities Maintenance Technician for its South Boston, VA location.
- It is the role of the maintenance Facility to monitor, assist with and improve all performance aspects of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Inventory goals, through coaching an engaged workforce and a culture of sustainability.
- Continuously promotes, coaches, participates in Continuous Improvement activities.
- The incumbent will assist in managing overall shift performance:
- Safety – Audits and ensures compliance to applicable HSE systems.
- Quality – Monitor and drives actions to improve yields.
- Delivery – Work with production control to ensure on-time order delivery to customers.
- Cost – Manages headcount (crewing) needs. Implements corrective actions to deviations from standards.
- Inventory - Drive and maintain accurate inventories.
- Commit to workorder completion and entry into cmms (SAP) daily.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives
- Support SAP (CMMS) schedule for work order execution and meeting deadlines
- Reporting verbally all downtime concerns to Lead technician
- Submit all parts & tool requirements on materials requestions or direct entry into inventory system
- Support & assist the Planner Scheduler position in communication of work assignments and required parts to complete.
- Offers helpful and constructive suggestions to help the Maintenance Team improve the care they give to equipment based on personal experience and insights gained from this assignment.
- Follow policy and procedures on a consistent basis throughout the plant.
- Estimate requirements considering projected utilization, function, performance, costs and safety to assist senior staff in reaching conclusions.
- Conduct relatively straight-forward analyses and tests. Participate in the investigation of technical problems and provide information and recommendations for reports.
- Solves major technical, equipment or facilities problems in order to achieve higher performance of the production lines. Maintains tools and repair equipment in good working order.
- Proposes improvement projects for processes and production lines aimed at reducing ordinary and extraordinary maintenance and optimizing operational and energy efficiency.
- Commitment to continue learning to achieve multi-skilled technician status, while progression to end goal: Total equipment maintenance support with full confidence.
- Consistent desire to learn and train in Electrical, Electronics, Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Fabrication, Plumbing, PLC, HVAC, Fluid Mechanics, and mechanical repairs/troubleshooting.
- Practicing safe work practices, identifying unsafe work conditions, etc.
- Support security of facility
- Respond to all breakdown calls with timeliness and follow Downtime SOP for all reporting, communication.
- Understanding First Aid protocol and/or be part of the First Aid Team.
- Setting a good example of work ethics.
- Good verbal skill and written skills are a requirement.
- Possess basic computer skills. Will be expected to attend training in basic Excel & Word where needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Complexity of Tasks: Requires thorough knowledge of the organization's activities and ability to independently resolve complex problems. Requires ability to communicate effectively, represent the group and influence decisions. Errors typically result in significant delays, inefficient use of resources and considerable additional costs. Requires foresight to anticipate problems and ability to recognize opportunities for cost-effectively improving operations.
- High School degree or GED equivalent required.
- Mechanical, electrical and/or fabrication skills and experience.
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Preferred Qualification:
- Associates or technical degree
- Basic computer skills, to include SAP.
- HVAC experience
- Welding experience
- Ability to operate industrial equipment, including cranes and forklifts.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and simple schematics.
- Experience in lean manufacturing including 4Q, JIDOKA, 6S, etc.
- Experience in running conduit.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.