The MongoDB Database Administrator plays a crucial role in managing and maintaining enterprise-class NoSQL database systems. Their primary responsibilities involve overseeing the company's traditional MongoDB Atlas cloud infrastructure and databases and serving as the experts in creating new MongoDB platforms, storage management, security optimization, and maintaining MongoDB clusters and databases. To support existing applications, the Administrator effectively builds new clusters in MongoDB Atlas, AWS (Amazon Web Services), and manages the resolution of application production issues. By adhering to IT change management and incident reporting requirements, they streamline database processes and maintain efficiency.
Further responsibilities include license management, installation of upgrades and patches, and analyzing, designing, sizing, and implementing changes to improve functionality or accommodate new business projects. Moreover, when an application or its associated software and hardware infrastructure reaches the end of its lifecycle, the Database Administrator identifies and implements replacement solutions to align with business objectives.Requirements:
- Minimum 5 - 10 years of experience in NoSQL database administration, particularly with MongoDB.
- Full technical knowledge of RDBMS and NoSQL databases.
- Full technical knowledge and working experience with cloud technologies, i.e., AWS cloud, GCP, and Azure.
With migration and management of the containerized systems.
- Experience in conducting performance tuning, backup, recovery, scalability, and capacity planning.
- Track record of engineering performance availability and high availability solutions.
- Experience with connectivity between cloud and on-prem systems i.e., VPC peering.
- Experience with traditional SQL - preferably MSSQL Server - is a plus.
- MongoDB related certifications preferred
- Responsible for providing dedicated offshore Database Administrator support for all MongoDB systems and General database Administrator support tasks as required.
- Participate in cross-functional meetings with stakeholders to understand database requirements and produce options/solutions.
- Provide subject matter expertise on all aspects of MongoDB management including Database design, capacity management, security, backup & recovery, disaster recovery, performance tuning, and automation.
- Ensure the performance and reliability of the MongoDB and NoSQL Database environment inclusive of both cloud and on-premises systems.
- Conduct advanced troubleshooting for performance problems and query optimization.
- Work with project management, infrastructure, portfolio teams, and developers in coordinating system-wide updates, upgrades, and patch management.
- Proactively provide recommendations and coordinate the direction for the implementation of enhancements or changes that may involve custom design, optional software, and third-party products to improve the efficiency & effectiveness of the systems.
- Monitor and maintain performance metrics for systems.
- License management.
- Perform configuration, change management, and testing activities as required to support the DevOps process.
#remote #LI-OC2What We OfferEmpowering Projects:
With 500+ clients spanning diverse industries and domains, we provide an exciting opportunity to contribute to groundbreaking projects that leverage cutting-edge technologies. As a team, we engineer digital products that positively impact people's lives.Empowering Growth:
We foster a culture of continuous learning and professional development. Our dedication is to provide timely and comprehensive assistance for every consultant through our dedicated Learning & Development team, ensuring their continuous growth and success.DE&I Matters:
At GlobalLogic, we deeply value and embrace diversity
. We are dedicated to providing equal
opportunities for all individuals, fostering an inclusive
and empowering work environment.Career Development:
Our corporate culture places a strong emphasis on career development, offering abundant opportunities for growth. Regular interactions with our teams ensure their engagement, motivation, and recognition. We empower our team members to pursue their career goals with confidence and enthusiasm.Comprehensive Benefits:
In addition to equitable compensation, we provide a comprehensive benefits package that prioritizes the overall well-being of our consultants. We genuinely care about their health and strive to create a positive work environment.Flexible Opportunities:
At GlobalLogic, we prioritize work-life balance by offering flexible opportunities tailored to your lifestyle. Explore relocation and rotation options for diverse cultural and professional experiences in different countries with our company.About GlobalLogic
GlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world.
By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise-we help our clients imagine what's possible, and accelerate their transition into tomorrow's digital businesses.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic operates design studios and engineering centers around the world, extending our deep expertise to customers in the automotive, communications, financial services, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, media and entertainment, semiconductor, and technology industries.
GlobalLogic is a Hitachi Group Company operating under Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501) which contributes to a sustainable society with a higher quality of life by driving innovation through data and technology as the Social Innovation Business.