Job ID: R0021953
Date Posted: Sep 27, 2023
Segment: Green Energy & Mobility
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: HITACHI RAIL STS S.P.A.
Profession (Job Category): Other
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior System RAMS Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Naples, Italy.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
Integrated in the RAM department belonging to the RAMS unit, you will be integrated in a multidisciplinary team in charge of RAMS governance. The missions are to:
· Lead the execution of the RAM Programme of the railway system, subsystems and products, in accordance with applicable requirements, company guidelines and applicable standards
· Coordinate with prime contractor and subcontractors/vendors RAM staff
· Produce RAM Analysis and RAM requirements verification
· Verify and sign off design, installation and commissioning of all systems/subsystems/products RAM related requirements, including Train Control, Passenger Vehicles, Service Vehicles, Traction Electrification, Communications, UPS, Platform Screen Gates, Fire Detection etc.
· Support the Engineering/Product Development team in finalising the design in order to guarantee the maximum level of Reliability and Availability in compliance with the RAM Standards
· Support the Commissioning Manager in identifying and prioritise activities needed to guarantee the minimum level of RAM performance of the various technologies throughout the various commissioning phases
· Perform RAM governance activities, coordination of subsystems RAM referents for each technology involved in the project
· Contribute to the delivery of systems/subsystems/products in compliance with the project/programme schedule and the budget
· Reporting to the Project RAMS Manager or to the PM for status, deadline, schedule and budget
Ensure execution of the RAM activities throughout Projects, Bids and products lifecycle, in accordance with Hitachi Rail process and guidelines
· Establish Projects and Products RAM Programme
· Support and Plan RAM activities
· Manage RAM activities and budget forecast
· Provide feedback to project/product design team since the early phases of the project/product lifecycle
· Perform Failure Mode and Effects Criticality Analysis
· Reliability modeling techniques, RBDs, FTA, Markov Chains, Petri-Nets etc.
· Life Cycle Cost analysis
· Products reliability predictions according to International Standards IEC 61709:2017, MIL-HDBK 217F, FIDES etc.
· Ensure RAM parameters performance demonstration in operation
· Application of FRACAS process
· Ensure that suppliers are provided with appropriate RAM requirements
· Manage internal and external interfaces with other departments, suppliers, partners and clients
· Ensure development, improvement and implementation of RAM standard processes.
Master's Degree (Engineering) or Equivalent Technical Background.
Fluent in English.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.careers.hitachi.com.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirail