Operating Unit Manager - Andean Countries
Región Metropolitana de Santiago,
Job ID: R0031618
Date Posted: Oct 7, 2023
Segment: Green Energy & Mobility
Business Unit: Hitachi Energy
Company Name: HITACHI ENERGY CHILE S.A.
Profession (Job Category): General Management
Job Type (Experience Level): Senior Management
Job Schedule: Full time
- Implements the Hub Business Unit (Power Grids Automation) strategy and ensures business development in the operating unit, with full responsibility for profit and loss (P&L).
- Provides input to Hub Business Unit strategy.
- Evaluates opportunities in allocated local markets and decides appropriate activities in line with the strategy.
- Ensures profitable business growth through development of performance targets in line with Hub Business Unit targets and ensures achievement through regular oversight and definition of improvement actions as needed.
- Leads and manages the production facilities within the Operating Unit and ensures local plans to achieve targets are implemented.
- Improves manufacturing technology and competence in line with Hub Business Unit strategy.
- Drives productivity, delivery performance and cost optimization.
- Oversees execution of high-quality products, services and processes.
- Monitors quality metrics, identifies opportunities for improvement in local execution, and oversees improvement activities.
- Responsible for Sales demand orders and growth. Builds and maintains strong relationships with new and existing customers to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and improve net promoter scores (NPS).
- Ensures the execution of projects according to agreed targets in terms of schedule, quality, financial results and customer satisfaction. Implements HSE and business compliance standards and regulations within the unit.
- Ensures a safe working environment and champions continuous improvement of HSE processes.
- Ensures the unit is managed with integrity and personally lives the Hitachi Energy values and Group standards.
- Implements and ensures compliance with global and local standards, rules, tools, policies and processes related to operations/project execution.
- Shares functional best practices and lessons learned across the organization. Ensures (with HR Manager support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed.
- Guides, motivates and develops direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies.
- A degree in Engineering or Business Administration ideally.
- MBA or Higher education degree will be highly valuated.
- More than 10 years of experience managing operations, preferable in Chile, Peru or Colombian Market.
- Must show successful experience in generating revenue, profitability and execution.
- Experience leading teams in Matrixial environment.
- Advanced English level