Manufacturing Production Process Engineering focuses on designing, developing, and implementing new or revised production processes for the efficient/economical mass production of goods including: Designing arrangement of manufacturing equipment to ensure most efficient and productive layout. Designing the sequence of production operations, specifying procedures for the fabrication of applicable tools and equipment, and adapting machinery in response to factory conditions. Conducting tests throughout all stages of production to determine control over applicable variables and troubleshooting/solving production problems. Providing guidance to product design engineering on technical specifications that will best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques. Ensuring that production processes and procedures are in compliance with regulations An Experienced Professional (P2) applies practical knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education and work experience. May require the following proficiency: Works independently with general supervision. Problems faced are difficult but typically not complex. May influence others within the job area through explanation of facts, policies and practices.
- Implements Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) and business compliance standards, process and regulations within the units. Identify unsafe operations, SOT process, hazards identification and implement the process for compliance.
- Generating production documentations such as assembly / work instructions, Safe operating procedures/process.
- Production forecast, planning, scheduling, target setting and resources management, team building and training.
- Team coordination for demand & supply management, inventory management, WIP management and control, suppliers coordination for quality & material supply issues.
- Tracking production KPIs to meet targets, FPY, on-time and on- cost, assembly cycle time, requested on-time delivery (ROTD), cost reduction and production down time.
- Assembly line setup, resource optimization and improvements, capex management.
- Stores management, dispatch and logistics management.
- Perform engineering analysis to reduce downtime, re-work optimization and plan preventive maintenance.
- Implementing Poka-Yoke wherever possible to prevent errors.
- Carry out FMEAs, (Failure Mode Effects Analysis) process documentation and implement improvements.
- Investigate production and process issues, change management and providing technical solution and training.
- Conduct benchmarking studies to determine best practices/designs and future trends.
- Support and lead continuous improvement programs, problem solving and process improvement activities.
- Shares functional best practices and lessons learned across the organization.
- Implementing and ensuring compliance with global and local standards, rules, tools, policies which are related to production process.
- Resolution Process (CCRP), Internal Transactional Partnership Survey (ITPS), Top 5 Quality Initiatives (T5QI) and other voice of the customer initiatives.
- Evaluate current production activities and make recommendations for improvements.
- Comply with the Health, Safety and Environmental Policies.
- Shall be Optimistic, Self-assured and welcomes change.
- Self-motivated, flexible, proactive and committed.
- Engages interest and participation of others and has a collaborative approach to working together and committed to team’s development.
- Shows moral courage, openness and honesty in all dealings.
- Good communication and interpersonal skill.
- Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment.
- Living Hitachi Energy core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Having minimum 10 years of experience in assembly and production of Power electronics and associated production line or process, out of which min 5 years in leadership role.
- Expertise on SAP PP module is must, preferred as power user.
- Expertise on Lean manufacturing tools like 6S, Six Sigma, Gemba, Kaizen, Kanban, Poka Yoke, TPM etc.
- Understanding of Health and Safety practices.
- Ability to train the work group and lead teams within the work group Ability to manage group to achieve goals within budget.
- Understanding of manufacturing /assembly processes.
- Understanding of Electrical Symbols, Schematic and Mechanical drawings.
- Understanding engineering, scientific and other technical information.
- Shop floor layout and cell or workstation designs.
- Design of fixtures and tooling for assembly tasks.
- Planning and prioritizing activities
- Lean manufacturing.
- Ability to present data effectively, Strong problem-solving skills and logical approach.
- Team working and Analytical skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Good understanding of customer expectations and deliverables with an awareness of the impact of failure/cost of poor quality.
- Proficiency in both spoken & written English language is required.