Our client pioneering technology created a new model for the advertising industry. Today, our automated advertising platform is used by the world's leading publishers and applications to transact with top brands around the globe enabling them to reach more than 1 billion consumers. Rubicon Project operates the largest independent Display Advertising Exchange and Supply Side Platform that automates the buying and selling of Display Advertising across all formats (banner, video) on all devices (desktop browsers, mobile devices, billboards). Rubicon Project auctions over 20 Billion Ads on a daily basis in real time in less than 1/2 of a second each.
Every day, as a company we serve billions of ads, process terabytes of data and provide valuable data and insights to our publishers and buyers. You will be part of the team who concentrates on building proper data sources for BI.Requirements:
- Our ideal candidate will have 2+ years of experience working with scala and spark to process data at scale.
- 2+ years of experience in production coding in Python (Bash scripting is a plus)
- Demonstrated strong communication skills and the ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
- 2+ years working with SQL queries (Snowflake experience a plus)
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Experience working with AWS.
- Strong computer science fundamentals, such as algorithms and data-structures.
- Willingness to take responsibility for supporting our production systems including some on call.
- Nice to Have:
- Any experience working in Big Data Engineering including (HDFS, S3, Snowflake, etc..)
- Experience using Airflow, Jenkins, Git, and/or Terraform
We are looking for an entry level Big Data Engineer to join our experienced team of engineers that maintain and load data to our Petabyte sized data lake and data warehouse in Snowflake. We have these systems running in the cloud and on prem in multiple geographies 24/7. The ideal candidate would be interested in expanding their skills in these areas while also taking on daily support needs in concert with the rest of our team.
We want someone who is unafraid of taking on new challenges and willing to learn new things. The work of team members on the data platforms team can vary widely. Ideal candidates will be willing to tackle anything in data engineering. In addition the big data engineer will need to have good communication skills to provide clear status on issues when they arise.
What We OfferEmpowering Projects:
- Write production programs in Scala / Spark to support our data pipeline.
- Write production ready scripts in Python and Bash to automate the management of our systems.
- Respond to user requests which include troubleshooting errors and performance issues, ad-hoc requests, etc..
- Work collaboratively with the data platform engineering team and external teams to continuously improve our operations.
- Support operations of our systems in production.
- Be a creative problem solver who can draw on experience to triage data platform issues in a timely manner without compromising reliability and performance of the entire system.
With 500+ clients spanning diverse industries and domains, we provide an exciting opportunity to contribute to groundbreaking projects that leverage cutting-edge technologies. As a team, we engineer digital products that positively impact people's lives.Empowering Growth:
We foster a culture of continuous learning and professional development. Our dedication is to provide timely and comprehensive assistance for every consultant through our dedicated Learning & Development team, ensuring their continuous growth and success.DE&I Matters:
At GlobalLogic, we deeply value and embrace diversity
. We are dedicated to providing equal
opportunities for all individuals, fostering an inclusive
and empowering work environment.Career Development:
Our corporate culture places a strong emphasis on career development, offering abundant opportunities for growth. Regular interactions with our teams ensure their engagement, motivation, and recognition. We empower our team members to pursue their career goals with confidence and enthusiasm.Comprehensive Benefits:
In addition to equitable compensation, we provide a comprehensive benefits package that prioritizes the overall well-being of our consultants. We genuinely care about their health and strive to create a positive work environment.Flexible Opportunities:
At GlobalLogic, we prioritize work-life balance by offering flexible opportunities tailored to your lifestyle. Explore relocation and rotation options for diverse cultural and professional experiences in different countries with our company.About GlobalLogic
GlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world.
By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise-we help our clients imagine what's possible, and accelerate their transition into tomorrow's digital businesses.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic operates design studios and engineering centers around the world, extending our deep expertise to customers in the automotive, communications, financial services, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, media and entertainment, semiconductor, and technology industries.
GlobalLogic is a Hitachi Group Company operating under Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501) which contributes to a sustainable society with a higher quality of life by driving innovation through data and technology as the Social Innovation Business.