Summary of the position:
Develop sales to new customers and maintain relationships with current customers to market parts, equipment, and services. Design equipment or services to meet customer needs and prepare quotes. Keep records of customers and potential customers. Keep records of their equipment and needs.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Sales & Marketing 80%:
- Contact existing customers regularly to ask for new business and solve any problems with existing service or equipment.
- Find out the customer’s needs and fulfill them by researching parts or equipment needed, then selling equipment or service that will fulfill that need.
- Using the proper selection guides and engineering data, select and sell the appropriate equipment, accessories and service or technical expertise.
- Follow-up to ensure that we provide the very best in after the sale service.
- Market Pumps & Service and Henry Production products through various contact methods:
- Personal visits
- Phone calls
- Call on engineering firms to get the products that we represent specified on jobs they are engineering. Research and identify new prospects to call on and develop sales of parts, equipment, and services.
- Paperwork 10%:
- Keep records and logs of sales contacts, bids, rentals, follow-up, and customer satisfaction.
- Other Duties 10%:
- On call representation of Pumps & Service and Henry Production on a rotating schedule.
- Maintain company vehicle in a safe and clean condition.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree a plus.
Professional experience & Education:
- Ability to meet in public in a friendly, courteous, businesslike manner.
- Ability to communicate orally and to receive detailed information in person or by phone.
- Ability to ascertain customer needs, evaluate and select the proper equipment to solve those needs and complete the sale with professionalism and integrity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read written materials and numbers.
- Excellent knowledge of parts, equipment and services sold by Henry Production and Pumps & Service.
- Excellent working knowledge of hydraulics.
- Ability to read and understand pump curves and hydraulics and perform compressor horsepower and capacity calculations.
- Ability to evaluate pump and compressor applications accurately and completely. Using the proper selection guides and engineering data, select and sell the appropriate equipment, accessories, and service.
- Perform routine mathematical calculations. Accurately transfer numbers to various reports, quotes, and computer entries.
- Ability to work well with others and be detail oriented.
- Work with limited supervision.
- Possess a valid license and be insurable.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands, occasional required standing; walking; reaching with hands and arms and stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- This position frequently requires the employee spend several hours driving.
- Activities for this position can occur inside and outside in all temperature and conditions.
- The worker is subject to noise, possible hazards, atmospheric conditions, vibrations, and oils or other cutting fluids.
The successful candidate is responsible for complying with Hitachi Global Air Power US Code of Ethics and related policies. In performing the job, the incumbent shall take all steps necessary to comply with our safety rules and requirements and must actively support the organization's efforts to meet and exceed its goals of creating and maintaining a safe workplace.
This description is to serve as a guide. It is intended to be flexible and will continue to evolve over time with business needs and demands and may be updated periodically and at the Company's discretion.
Hitachi Global Air Power US is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate based on race, religion, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected categories under applicable law, whether in recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, compensation, or other conditions of employment.