Hitachi Energy is looking for a Senior Manager, Software Development to assist with developing the next generation of mission-critical, enterprise software for current and new markets.
The Senior Manager, Software Development is responsible for leading multi-disciplinary development scrum teams in the planning, development, management and tracking of delivery releases that meet committed scope, timeline, and budgetary requirements in compliance with quality standards and goals.
A person in this role will be directing and providing oversight to multiple technical teams around the world ensuring successful development and delivery of the Lumada HVM software product - a large, complex piece of enterprise software. This role will manage the full software development lifecycle for the teams they are directing. This role may perform product design, bug verification, and beta support which may require technical research and analysis. Responsibilities include ensuring adherence to software development processes defined by multiple discipline practice areas and supporting the governance of those review processes.
This role will require collaborating with the PMO, Product Management, Quality, and Security internal groups as part of the process of delivering releases.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or in a related field of study
- 8 or more years of related management work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Exposure to the following technologies:
- Web Services, Web APIs, and microservices
- SQL based solutions
- On-prem & Cloud deployments
- Containers, and continuous integration
- COTS (commercial off the shelf) software that is delivered to customers
- Ability to manage multiple priorities that may have ambiguous requirements.
- Practical problem solving and strategic thinking skills, critical thinker, and self-starter.
- Superior communications skills with all levels of employees and both internal and external customers-including presentations, negotiations, and written reports.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining view on the strategic direction and being as detailed as needed.
- Willing and able to get down in the details to make things happen.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with demanding schedule constraints and technically challenging programs.
- Ability to work with global teams in global time zones
- International experience with global projects and collaboration with intercultural teams, a global mindset
- Process-oriented mindset
- Working knowledge of the following technologies:
- Micro-services, cloud environments, distributed computing for high-availability.
- Worked with Kubernetes and Docker Containers
- Familiar with AWS and Azure Cloud environments
- Software Architecture background ideal
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the organization to constantly deliver top quality client products on time and on budget. Bring predictability to the team’s overall performance and delivery.
- Serve as escalation point for issues beyond project team authority; resolve conflicts involving scheduling, resources, or technical issues.
- Collaborate with Product Managers in developing a strategy to deliver product roadmap features that provide compelling capabilities for customers allowing them to succeed in their business goals.
- Work closely with senior engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules.
- Project management - prioritization, planning of projects and features, Stakeholder management and tracking of external commitments.
- Career management and development of direct reports.
- Support scrum ceremonies for the team where needed (Planning, Retrospective, Grooming & Review/Demo).
- Facilitate impediment resolution in a timely, cost-effective manner. Act as a conduit to other teams and lines of business stakeholders.
- Track and produce key metrics (e. g., burn-down, burn-up charts, and cumulative flow diagram).