Job ID: R0032961
Date Posted: Oct 30, 2023
Segment: Green Energy & Mobility
Business Unit: Hitachi Energy
Company Name: HITACHI ENERGY LTD
Profession (Job Category): Engineering & Science
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Hitachi Energy, High Voltage Products, is renowned worldwide as a specialist for power transmission and distribution. The Service unit is responsible for the worldwide after sales support of generator circuit-breaker (GCB) systems and gas insulated switchgears (GIS), including training, installation and commissioning, scheduled maintenance, added value services, troubleshooting, extensions, retrofits and replacements.
Service is the key to success. As a colleague in our globally active service team, you will appreciate the independent, varied and solution-oriented work. After a versatile, practice-oriented training in Switzerland and abroad, you will lead new GIS installations around the globe. A technically challenging position in a multicultural environment awaits you.
You can expect an environment where all employees can develop their skills and grow in it.
Senior as well as junior applications are welcome!
- Managing multicultural construction sites worldwide for gas insulated switchgear for the voltage level of 110KV - 550KV.
- Responsible for the successful execution of on-site installation / maintenance / repairs in compliance with contractual deadlines and in compliance with local legal requirements.
- Responsible for the quality of work performed on site through quality control and assessment of skills of local support staff.
- Conduct on-site product training on the product and during installation (optional).
- Coordination of local labor.
- Cost control of resources used and regular reporting to project management.
- Actively contribute to process improvements and proactively take measures to increase the efficiency of on-site activities.
- Completed apprenticeship in the metal construction, electrical or automotive industry, or similar
- Basic knowledge in electrical engineering is a desirable must, further training in electrical engineering is an advantage
- Work experience in assembly & commissioning is an advantage
- Very good German and good English skills, at least B2
- Willingness for national and especially international worldwide assignments with up to 90 % travel time
- Flexible, resilient and communicative team player
- Flair for pragmatic and unconventional solutions with high quality and safety standards
- Exciting and varied tasks with great creative freedom
- Attractive training and development opportunities
- Interesting and very varied activities/projects, including off-shore assignments
- Well-established and dynamic team
- Open corporate culture
- An attractive benefits package including fixed, travel and meal expenses, as well as a say in the choice of accommodation