Monitors, assists and leads maintenance employees in continuous improvement regarding Safety, Quality, Delivery Cost and Inventory through the ITM deployment requirements.
- Monitors, assists and leads maintenance employees in continuous improvement regarding Safety, Quality, Delivery Cost and Inventory through the ITM deployment requirements.
- It is the role of the maintenance supervisor to monitor, assist with and improve all performance aspects of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Inventory goals, through creating an engaged workforce and a culture of sustainability.
- Continuously promotes, coaches, participates and leads in Continuous Improvement activities.
- Leads and actively participates in Tier 2/3 meetings, including effective shift handovers.
- The incumbent will manage overall shift performance:
- Safety – Audits and ensures compliance to applicable HSE systems.
- Quality – Monitor and drives actions to improve yields.
- Delivery – Work with production control to ensure on-time order delivery to customers.
- Cost – Manages headcount (crewing) needs. Implements corrective actions to deviations from standards.
- Inventory - Drive and maintain accurate inventories.
- It is the role of the supervisor to:
- Coach shift employees to encourage good and positive work habits
- Create developmental plans (training) for shift employees.
- Develops a cross trained workforce plan, based on business requirements.
- Ensures training systems are effective and in compliance with expected documentation.
- Create a culture of employee understanding and adherence to applicable HSE and ITM requirements
- Ensures all HSE and ITM systems are continuously sustained and improved, such as:
- Cell Risk Assessment Employee Development Plans
- RPS – Rapid Problem Solving Tiered Accountability Meetings
- Standardized Work Layered Audits
- Leadership Standardized Work 5S
- Act as liaison to third party providers to ensure compliance to stated contract terms including but not limited to service level agreements, local and state codes, regulations, ABB directives.
- Supervise third party providers to ensure they are compliant with OSHA, ABB directives and ABB safety culture.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor's Degree and 2 years of professional supervisory experience in manufacturing environments or bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years of experience in a role with close interactions with Operations; OR associate degree and 4 years of professional supervisory experience in manufacturing environments; OR High School Diploma (or GED) and 6 years of lead and or maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Candidate must be willing to work alternate shifts as their home shift. Flexibility for other shifts as needed. Some weekend coverage.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Leadership experience in a transformer manufacturing environment.
- Transformer manufacturing experience.
- Previous Supervisor experience.
- Knowledge in MS Office, including Power Point.
- Exposure to ERP and Workforce Management software applications (e.g. SAP, etc.)
- Flexibility with shift assignments.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal).
- Experience with timekeeping systems.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.