Under general guidance, perform duties that involve or relate to such functions as scheduling work assignments within maintenance day-to-day activity. This role will support maintenance customer while making recommendations to improve effectiveness of the team and increase customer satisfaction. In addition, this position will coordinate all work, including contracted services, documentation, and site reviews. This person should have good typing/data entry skills and the ability to learn tasks quickly. Additionally, this person should be capable and practice daily, in checking his/her work for completeness, accuracy, and logical rationality. A strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task is a must.
- It is the role of the maintenance scheduler/contractor coordinator to monitor, assist with. and improve all performance aspects of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Inventory goals through coaching an engaged workforce and a culture of sustainability.
- Continuously promotes, coaches, and participates in Continuous Improvement activities.
- The incumbent will assist in managing overall shift performance:
- Safety – Audits and ensures compliance to applicable HSE systems.
- Quality – Monitor and drives actions to improve yields.
- Delivery – Work with production control to ensure on-time order delivery to customers.
- Cost – Manages headcount (crewing) needs. Implements corrective actions to deviations from standards.
- Inventory - Drive and maintain accurate inventories.
- Maintenance scheduler/coordinator will perform as extension of their supervisor/manager.
- Commit to technician coaching in completing workorder completion and entry into CMMS (eMaint) daily.
- Complete all HSE documents such as prequalification forms (PQFs) for all contractor services performed.
- Evaluate all contractor work for safety, accuracy, and timeliness throughout the day.
- Support all Maintenance CMMS & practices in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Lead eMaint (CMMS) schedule for work order execution, downtime repair and meeting deadlines.
- Complete daily workorders for all contractor services with exception of work under a contracted agreement.
- Support & assist the Planner position in communication of work assignments and required parts required to complete.
- Offers constructive suggestions to help the Maintenance Team improve equipment care based on personal experience and insights gained from this assignment.
- Assist management in administering policy and procedures on a consistent basis throughout the plant.
- Enforce safe work practices and identify unsafe work conditions.
- Study, prepare, and develop project layout in advance of all scheduled project work orders.
- Follow checklist on all project workorders while verifying accuracy and accountability to task.
- Communicate information between shifts and within the work cell.
- Understand first aid and site-specific emergency protocol.
- Learn and utilize ITM practices daily to resolve and improve work output.
- Maximize the output of the work cell’s human resources while reducing manufacturing equipment outage.
- Set a good example of work ethics.
- Assure the proper training is given that supports a safe work area where a quality product can be built in a timely fashion. This will be expected for like processes on all shifts.
- Support work cell “officers” such as training, safety, ISO, etc. in carrying out their duties.
- Support Product Leaders in other areas as needed.
- Obtain contractor quotes and follow up on all work against scope completion and accuracy.
- Assist with future strategic planning and day-to-day tasks to ensure optimum support of the maintenance and production functions.
- Assist in maintaining and expanding the technical skills of Maintenance Team through on-the-job and formal training.
- Good verbal and writing skills are a requirement.
- Required to have basic computer skills. Will be expected to attend training in basic Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. This may be done offsite through the Tuition Reimbursement program.
- Assist with ensuring unused parts are returned to the tool crib manager or returned to vendor after work order completion.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Experience in maintenance-related fields, with scheduling and coordinating skills a must.
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Ability to multitask and maintain quality with many projects, duties, and urgent requests daily.
- Good communications skills to include ability to speak within groups, teams' meetings, and written communication effectively.
- Teamwork spirit with attention to building relationships for productive outcomes within maintenance and factory departments.
- Prefer 1-3 years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have proven experience in Microsoft Office products such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Teams
- Ability to learn and adapt to new software programs such as Fluke eMaint software and Hitachi Management SAP.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and weekends when required.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Transformer manufacturing experience.
- Flexibility with shift assignments.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal).
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.