The Test Lab Technician will be responsible for setup and performance of various electrical tests. The technician will report directly to the Test Lab Leader and indirectly to the Test Lab Manager. This position will primarily provide production testing for products built at the Hitachi, Bland facility. This position will also support the R&D lab, also located in Bland, VA, as required. Assignments require initiative and the ability to process large amounts of information.
- The Technician will primarily test dry type transformer designs to numerous standards including UL, IEEE, IEC, Nuclear 1E, IBC. This is a production environment and schedules must be maintained while strictly adhering to safety rules and quality standards.
- The Technician may be required to work in areas and functions other than test as the production load requires. During these times the Technician will receive work instructions from the Supervisor of that area or function.
- The successful Test Lab Technician must be able to manage multiple concurrent assignments to meet established deadlines.
- The ideal candidate will be able to work independently but must be a team player that can contribute toward improving design practices, product line growth and the overall success of the group.
- A relevant AS Degree or Technical Certificate (minimum 2-year electrical education at a technical college level)
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- The ability to gather, organize and process large amounts of information from multiple sources.
- The ability to write professional technical test lab protocols and test reports.
- The ability to perform original design work after receiving the design goal or problem statement.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills; the ideal candidate will be detail-oriented so that test plans, and test data are thoroughly documented. This position requires a highly motivated individual that is able to grasp complex concepts and equipment setups.
- The ability to meet deadlines and project goals.
- Experience working with instrumentation and measurement systems.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills and the ability to support fellow test lab technicians.
- The ability to prioritize responsibilities, work independently, work in multinational teams, and work flexible hours.
- The flexibility to work alternate shifts, overtime and weekends as necessary.
- Second or Third shift work is a definite possibility for this position.
- A strict dedication to safety protocols, both internal and governmental, while thinking and acting safely
- Host and support customers, visitors, auditors, and certification personnel who are witnessing testing of transformers.
- Highly Desirable:
- Priority will be given to candidates with experience and familiarity in a combination of the following areas:
- Knowledge of Dry Type Transformer design and application
- Knowledge of LV and MV power systems and distribution networks
- Knowledge of European standards
- Experience working in multinational teams requiring global travel.
- Experience with 5S and calibration systems
- Experience with automation hardware (PLC) and software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite applications and related business and engineering software applications (CAD/AUTOCAD, Pro/E, ANSYS, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, Visual Basic, etc.,)
- Experience with root cause analysis, 6Sigma and ISO 17025
- The ability to travel throughout North America and internationally.
- NOTE: This is a 2nd shift position. The Test Lab Technician will be exposed to proprietary and sensitive information; therefore, the successful candidate will be required to submit to a background check and drug screening. All candidates must have a valid driver’s license and have US citizenship.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.