Meet The Team
Our Data Engineers are technical champions and evangelists who guide customers through their implementation of data catalogue solutions using Hitachi Vantara's software portfolio.They work with customers post signature, to enable, advise and help deliver the use cases specified in the presales solutioning and the business case for the software purchases. This team is both customer and sales oriented, and capable of independently developing sophisticated data catalogue and data integration solutions, and presenting to broad audiences. What You Will Be Doing
What You Will Need (Qualifications)
- Delivers data management projects based on business requirements and identified needs.
- Builds trusted relationships with prospect & customer project teams.
- Assists prospects and customers in identifying current operating procedures to optimize offerings.
- Works closely with the internal project team and customers to implement solutions, building mutual support and understanding with colleagues and customers.
- Creates detailed technical designs from high level solution designs, based on the strategic analysis of the customer's environment and requirements.
- Creates application designs (including systems requirements), development, and testing for business-driven programmatic, administrative, business intelligence, and other software applications as needed.
- Extends Hitachi Vantara platforms to adapt to customer environment via plugins, extension points and custom implementation.
- Follows the delivery methodology and engagement plan.
- Performs installation, configuration, and deployment of Hitachi Vantara products & solutions.
- Assists with architecture, design, development, integration, performance tuning, rollout, support and optimization of customer's implementation of Hitachi Vantara products & solutions
- Actively participates in QA and testing processes.
- Mentors prospect and customer staff in the use of Hitachi Vantara technologies and best practices.
- Conducts training, demonstrations and overviews of Hitachi applications to assist the customer in gaining an understanding of Hitachi Products and their integration with the designed solutions.
- Participates in the onboarding and mentoring of other consultants.
- 1-3 years of experience working with structured data/SQL engines including Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, Snowflake, Redshift
- 1-3 years of experience in data modeling including ER-modeling, dimensional modeling, data lake, data vault, data mesh
- 1-3 years of experience working with ETL/data integration frameworks including Pentaho, Talend, Informatica, SSIS/ADF, Apache Airflow
- 1-3 years of experience working with unstructured data and NoSQL data engines including MongoDB, Cassandra, Spark, SOLR
- 1-3 years of experience working with business intelligence/data visualization/analytics platforms including Tableau, Qlik, GIS
- 1-3 years of experience working with cloud deployment and management including AWS, GCP, Azure
- 1-3 years of experience working with container deployment and management including Docker, OpenShift, Kubernetes
- 1-3 years of experience working with messaging protocols including MQTT, AMQP, Kafka
- 1-3 years of experience working with real-time monitoring and visualization technologies including Grafana, InfluxDB
- 1-3 years of experience working with data science including R, SciPy, SAS, Jupyter, statistics, machine learning, algorithms, advanced mathematics, data munging/wrangling
- 1-3 years of experience working with DevOps/continuous integration/continuous deployment standards and tools including Ansible, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Vagrant, Github, Maven
- Familiarity with, experience, or education in Java software development, enterprise software architectures, and agile development methodologies are a strong plus
- B.A. or B.S. degree from an accredited university with a major in business, economics, computer science, MIS, or related degree required
- Required must work 25% of the time in Chicago, IL office
- Required must be U.S. Citizen and/or hold a Green Card
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect\
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge