Summary of the position:
The Project Manager (PM) manages installation, commissioning, and maintenance projects of compressed air systems under the Managed Air Power (MAP) program. Supports MAP with standard systems design and engineering. Supports commercial package segment through quotes for custom solutions as needed, on-site start-up and training of systems, and providing general tech support to field sales and channel partners. This role requires strong project management skills, technical expertise, ability to interact with all levels of an organization, and the ability to coordinate with cross-functional teams to ensure successful project completion within budget and on schedule.
Ability to travel - up to 50%
This is a work from home (WFH) position
Duties and responsibilities:
- Managed Air Power (MAP) – Project Management:
- Develop detailed project plans, including scope, objectives, timelines, and resource requirements.
- Provide risk assessments to identify potential challenges and mitigate project risks.
- Define project goals and deliverables, ensuring alignment with client expectations.
- Allocate and manage project resources, including skilled technicians, equipment, and materials.
- Coordinate with procurement and logistics teams to ensure timely availability of necessary components and supplies.
- Monitor project expenditures and adjust as needed to stay within budget.
- Support MAP installations post-start-up – track and review routine service reports, analyze information, act upon as necessary – review and approve repair work and invoices from Service Provider.
- Foster a collaborative and safety-conscious work environment.
- Ensure turn-key installation and commissioning tasks are completed to plan and expectations, and post-start-up support is fully engaged.
- Maintain regular communication with clients to provide project updates, address concerns, and ensure client satisfaction.
- Manage client expectations and negotiate change orders when necessary.
- Commercial Offering (Air Power Unit / Custom Power Unit) – Technical and Business Support:
- Prepare Custom Power Unit (CPU) quotes as required.
- Support the engineering, design and development of our standard Air Power Unit portfolio.
- Provide on-site installation and training support of APU and CPU systems.
- Provide technical assistance, sizing and selection support to sales team and channel partners.
- Provide technical guidance to project teams and troubleshoot technical issues as they arise.
- Maintain accurate project / portfolio documentation, including but not limited to safety records, equipment manuals, customer data.
- Generate comprehensive sales and progress reports for stakeholders and management.
- Ensure that all project activities adhere to safety regulations and guidelines.
- Set the example for safe work practices and enforcement of EH&S policies in accordance with organizational and local requirements.
- Maintain a clean, safe, working environment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related field (preferred).
- Proven leadership experience with strong written and verbal communication.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft office suite, prior experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) SAP, Dynamics/Salesforce CRM project management software a plus.
- Proven experience in project management, specifically in industrial equipment installation projects.
- Strong knowledge of compressed air systems and related equipment.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and best practices in an industrial setting.