You as a HR Business Partner will be part of Hitachi Energy High Voltage business unit based in Dammam, Saudi Arabia. As a core member of the Business Management Team in the High Voltage business unit, accountable for the overall HR contribution and value-add to the business, translating business goals into HR priorities and ensuring effective implementation in partnership with the appropriate Centers of Expertise (CoE) and Global Business Services (GBS).
HR Business Partners perform a specialized type of HR work focused on HR consulting to the business including HR consulting and coaching (e.g., working with business leaders to solve significant people and cultural issues, provides expertise in technical and regulatory aspects of employment including hiring, termination, performance management, rewards, etc.). Enabling business change (e.g., supporting the talent aspects of organization structure changes, talent integration related to mergers & acquisitions, etc.). HR program advocacy (e.g., communicating the business value of HR initiatives, managing HR program roll out to minimize business disruption, etc.). Partnering with the business and talent management/staffing and recruiting colleagues on key talent initiatives (e.g., workforce planning, hi-potential employee development, succession planning, etc.).
- Understand the Business drivers, the current and long-term strategy and identify opportunities for HR to add value to the Business. Set and implement HR priorities in the organization in line with group/ global division / global BU / global function and people strategy, covering culture, people, and organization utilizing the existing HR solution portfolio or ensuring to provide new solutions where appropriate. Orchestrate the HR organization to support and deliver on the defined priorities.
- Represents HR in the business entity, establishing strong relationships with business leaders and acting as consultant, sparring partner and coach. Accountable for the total HR offering to the business. Articulates the needs of the business to the CoEs and Global Business Services (GBS) to ensure relevant, impactful support for the business.
- Ensure people and organizational capabilities required in the midlong term are understood and actioned. Ensure that the business positions in the short term are adequately staffed to meet or exceed the annual business targets. Interrogates HR Analytics data to understand key organizational dynamics, trends and issues and define and execute appropriate actions.
- Implement the operating model and optimize organization structures and principles in line with group and global rules and standards, including the Hitachi Energy Job Structure. Develop high performing teams, including organization restructuring, optimal utilization, redeployment and right-sizing of people resources. Under the leadership of global Division and/or Business Unit, implements strategy and plans regarding restructuring and integration projects.
- Build performance culture in the organization; Implement group and global business performance standards, KPIs, and targets to enhance business performance. Identify performance issues and take actions to address them in close collaboration with Location HRBP and CoE. Drive recognition and reward programs for individuals and teams linked to the Business priorities and Values in Action.
- Ensure competence development actions supporting the business strategy are in place; Implement learning and development activities to build and improve competence in collaboration with CoE and GBS. Collaborates with Learning Partners to decide appropriate learning strategies and commission design and execution of customized programs to meet the needs identified. Measures and evaluates effectiveness of learning solutions to demonstrate business impact.
- In close collaboration with Talent Partners in CoE, set and implement strategies and actions to ensure a healthy and sustainable talent structure in the organization. Works closely with Talent Partners to ensure a healthy and sustainable talent pipeline in the organization considering internal Talent pool and external market. Drives and executes all talent processes with Business Leaders e.g. identification and succession planning on business critical positions, diversity and inclusion and owns the talent outcomes. Where appropriate is directly involved in the recruitment of peer level positions. Assess risks and coordinate actions to mitigate risks.
- Define competitiveness position and compensation elements based on business need and in line with group and global strategy and policy. Identify issues and risks and works with CoE to identify necessary actions. Monitor and control personnel cost development in the business and take corrective actions when needed.
- Ensure change management requirements are translated into actions that support the business strategy and plan; Apply in-depth Business knowledge to support and coach Managers implementing necessary measures and actions to facilitate change, including communication, reorganization, performance management, motivation, recognition.
- Under the leadership of global division and/or BU, implement strategy, policy and plans in line with group rules and standards to ensure business benefit and continuity, including due diligence, integrating, communication, change management, retention and motivation, leadership appointment.
- Implement and ensure compliance with global and local standards, rules, tools, policies and processes related to operations/project execution. Share and develop best practices across the wider HR community. Provides support and governance to the business, ensuring business plans align with overall HR direction, policy and the Business Strategies.
- Provide functional leadership and guidance to HR Business Partners in the local Division/Business Unit/Function in the countries. Ensure that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed and directed. Build an effective, capable and high performing team. Develop talent.
- Managing large projects or processes with limited oversight from manager. Coaching, reviewing and delegating work to lower-level professionals. Problems faced are often difficult and complex.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A bachelor’s/master’s degree in any field.
- 4-7 years of experience in Relevant field.
- Proven business acumen and track record in working to support business as a strategic HR business partner in multi-national organizations.
- CIPD level 5 certification would be an added advantage.
- Possesses sound knowledge of Industrial Relations, Organization Development & Talent Management.
- Highly independent and motivated to thrive in manufacturing environment.
- Excellent influencing and coaching skills.
- Having strong business awareness, contributing to business strategies.
- Excellent verbal and communications skills and ability to interact professionally with diverse group.
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English and Arabic language is required.