The Head of Sales and TCC will develop, plan and ensure execution of Global Product Group sales strategy as well as lead the global Tendering organization to ensuring standard operating procedure (SOPs) and engage Subject Matter Experts in solution development for specific customer tenders. The Head will blend deep technical skills and expertise with a passion for superior technical solutions.
- Defines global sales strategy and targets according to market potential and establishes appropriate metrics and measurement tools to monitor performance. Proactively anticipates and identifies shortfalls in performance and takes appropriate remedial action. Drives top line growth
- Identifies, monitors and maintains/exceeds the sales market price levels, evaluating with Product Management pricing impact on the results. Supports regional sales organizations to ensure achievement of sales volume and product mix targets
- Develops, implements and reviews sales processes and tools, and all related training and development activities.
- Leads the Tendering Competence Center (TCC) as a Grid Edge Solutions led function with local roles in regions as well as pooled experts and a global support team. His/her team will be responsible for driving the tendering process and providing Grid Edge Solutions-specific solution using standard methodology and templates/tools to ensure agile responses and professional GES-bids across regions. Will support proper screening of opportunities and will ensure that target project margins and strategic guardrails as well as technical best practices and standards are met.
- Guides in building tendering capability through training, mentoring, and shadowing programs. Supports business in establishing and deploying required frameworks/processes.
- Maintains compliance with health, safety and environmental regulations while monitoring and reporting progress and results. Assesses risks and safety hazards and implements plans to ensure people and equipment safety.
- Drives sales leadership excellence with focus areas on alignment with strategy, ensure feasibility, and coordinated approach. Contributes to continuous improvement initiatives within the GES TCC team to relentlessly develop and implement best practice methods. Provides inputs on competitive product development, offerings and strategic contractual set-ups. Ensures proper and timely forecasting of equipment.
- Ensures that the area of responsibility is structured to fit the business model, is sufficiently staffed with skilled resources and directed appropriately. Guides, motivates and develops direct and indirect reports within HR policies. Builds growing team of direct reports and as such, sets expectations and defines roles for global recruiting activities in his/her area of stewardship. Oversees competency assessments and ensures that Tendering team is licensed and certified appropriately. Leads and coaches the project execution team to achieve business objectives, i.e. to drive efficiency and effectiveness, competitive offering, profitability.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Engineering degree •At least 10-15 years of experience in Engineering, Sales and/or operations, with at least 5-10 years of leadership experience in Sales and commercial pipeline mgmt. •Strong Technical and Management background.
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Proven experience in managing an international, diverse and geographically distributed team.
- Track record of optimally managing and prioritizing the allocation of resources based on strategic business needs.
- Self-starting, and collaborative.
- Customer oriented, pragmatic, focused on achieving results, at the same time giving necessary attention to detail to ensure consistent, correct, timely completion or risk review process
- Problem solving, open minded, resolute, open to discussion.
- Comfortable to work in a very dynamic bid & proposal environment under high stress.
- Connecting with other people easily, focus on “getting the job done and done right”.
- Teamwork, Leadership, negotiation skills,
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.