Hitachi Energy is seeking for a Senior Optimization Engineer for it's San Jose, CA location. This role is responsible for delivering innovative solutions in the areas of mathematical modelling, optimization (linear and non-linear programming) and numerical methods.
- Analyze and understand customer engineering, business and software requirements, propose technically feasible solutions, estimate required effort, identify risks and formulate implementation approach and assumptions.
- Design, develop, test, integrate and document optimization applications and related work for customer projects, while following best engineering and software development practices.
- Support software releases and assist onsite/support team with expert knowledge, problem analysis, troubleshoot and resolution of defects as required to bringing issues to closure.
- Actively research and further own knowledge in mathematical modelling, optimization, market operation, power system analysis and real time control and support and improve software development practices and documentation.
- Provide expertise and represent the company internal and external discussions with internal stakeholders, customer meetings, industry gatherings.
- Must be willing to travel for short periods of time to visit or support customers around the world.
- Living Hitachi Energy's core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor's degree with minimum 5 years of experience in Electrical Engineering with special emphasis in electricity markets.
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Minimum 3 years of experience using high performance, high programming level languages such as FORTRAN or C/C++.
- Minimum 5 years of experience using optimization modelling tools (AMPL/AIMMS) and optimization solvers (CPLEX and Gurobi).
- Minimum 3 years of experience using Linux or AIX operating systems.
- Minimum 2 Experience developing power system application software for Electricity Market.
- Proficient English written and oral communication skills. Preferred
- Ph.D. Degree or Master's Degree with minimum 2 years of experience in Electrical Engineering with special emphasis in electricity markets.
- Formal classroom education in Electrical Power Systems Optimization Formal classroom education in Data Structures and Databases Experience with Electrical Power Systems Network Modeling, Network Topological Analysis, Power Flow, Contingency Analysis, State Estimator, Security Constrained Unit Commitment, Economic Dispatch, Linear and Non-Linear Programming (Optimization) and Numerical Methods.
- Experience with multi-threading, high performance, memory intensive analytical applications.
- Published research on large scale electrical power systems operation, electricity market analysis or system reliability.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.