Lead for the assigned spend a short term and medium-term sourcing strategy to meet targets on total cost of ownership, reliability of supplies and supply performance. Define and mandate the Supply Quality and Development agenda. Ensure implementation of a compliant and sustainable sourcing strategy at Hub level to support business. Collaborate with factories and BL/Hub stakeholders to support the undertakings and deliver on the results. Initiate projects to cut total cost of ownership or to mitigate risks. For BL lead categories support and execute the BL category strategy.
- As a spend owner assess, define, adjust and improve a Hub category strategy (using CIPS methodology) in ad-equation with business needs and the PG guidelines and instructions.
- Deliver timely information including quarterly CIPS reviews. Align on the strategy with key stakeholders on a regular base.
- Execute and sustain the strategic sourcing activities, run risk mitigation actions in order to meet current and future business requirements and securing availability, supply base performance and optimum total cost of ownership. Negotiate spend for selected suppliers. Allocate volume. Sign and monitor Contracts, Frame agreements and Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Distribute market allocation, pricing and terms and conditions information to factories Factory SCM and/or relevant responsible person.
- Ensure all relevant parties understand strategies and execute processes accordingly. Align factories needs and Hub business requirements to category management undertakings.
- Regularly communicate strategy and negotiation results to the factories. Deliver on the Hub category KPIs with focus on cost, quality and timely delivery. Regularly report on financial performance and supply performance.
- Regularly review the balance of demand vs supply for critical materials. Take measures to secure supply vs demand and anticipate related to changes or non-repetitive/new requirements.
- Promote emerging market sourcing activities where it brings additional value. Mandate Supply Quality & Development team in their undertaking for supplier issue resolution/hot topics.
- Cost control processes Collect market pricing intelligence and compare to in house costs. Act in line with the findings. Regularly issue data for the tender commodity and budget cost guideline.
- Improve on tender and project material costing. Run tender/order specific RFx and negotiations where applicable. Promote cost breakdown analysis, should costing and run regular benchmarks.
- Supply base management Oversee the supplier relationship with regular review contract execution, supply performance, improvement activities and future. For suppliers in the Hub assign supplier account owner for the majority of the spend. Lead supplier qualification for the ones in scope, perform risk assessment. Plan and assign audits to Supply Quality & Development Engineer. Based on performance data, evaluate, define and monitor improvement measures for selected suppliers.
- Propose and perform make vs buy studies and run SCM implementation. Tools/processes: Apply and implements SCM standards, tools and processes in the area of responsibility.
- Ensures that the area of responsibility is properly organized. For project implementation promotes leads the activities between BL categories and factory teams to achieve targets (cost, time, quality).
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor's in engineering in any technical subject.
- Experience in category supply chain management.