What You’ll Do:
As a Senior Lead Electrician you will participate with engineering on concepting, design, and print reviews to ensure print release and build goes smoothly all while assisting with running our apprenticeship program.
- Direct supervision of project teams assigned during the electrical assembly process
- Plan, organize and control the Electrical assembly process and related costs. Including maintaining budgets, schedules and WIP expectations.
- Work cross functionally with all department during all phases of the project including de-bug and runoff
- Keep project team up to date on key project detail, keep the team informed on workload and hours required through interfacing with Project Managers regarding specific project requirements.
- Develop resource requirements for projects assigned to them and communicate to department managers.
- Focus on task management of the team, working with and mentoring them. Give clear direction of what needs to be done for the day.
- Monitor team performance, behavior, project performance (timelines), and project organization through communication with project leads and team members.
- Set employee expectations, provide feedback, coaching, and accountability to insure employees meet company expectations as needed and during formal performance reviews.
- Prepare and deliver performance reviews and make wage percent increase recommendations for direct reports.
- Participate with engineering on concepting, design and print reviews to ensure print release and assembly goes smoothly.
- Communicate to the Electrical Manager and Project Manager on open issues, milestones, release status, timing, hours, and budget concerns.
- Responsible to assist the Electrical Manager in developing the Electrical Team through leadership, experience, positive attitude, encouragement, and training.
- Support the quoting team by giving input on concepts, hours, and material costs.
- Demonstrate a commitment to upholding the highest standards of safety, on time delivery, and quality.
- Responsible for holding team accountable to company policy and procedure through coaching and disciplinary actions as needed.
- Required to monitor skill matrix progression and training completion through quality of work management.
- Coordinate tear down and installation. Being the liaison between leads and managers as needed. This begins in the design phase to help the engineer break up the job into sections sized to ship. Determine sequence of tear down and figure out tools and resources to do install.
Note: This list of responsibilities is by no means inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
What You’ll Bring:
- High school diploma, or equivalent certification; 5 years’ electrical experience
- Hold a Master’s Electrician License
- Journeyman’s card preferred
- Related vocational education preferred
- Strong mechanical aptitude with a focus on safety and quality.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to accept and give direction, set expectations, and hold team members accountable to meet timing, budget, and customer expectations.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. as required.
- Ability to obtain a Hi-Lo (Fork Lift), Aerial Platform and Overhead Crane license, along with Lock Out Tag Out training, while employed at JR.
- Ability to provide own hand tools and toolbox suitable for the job (a list of those recommended will be provided).
Skills You’ll Have:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and the ability to navigate Excel.
- Proficient in: Schematic interpretation, Panel building, Machine Wiring and Troubleshooting
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives with varying priorities.
- Travel at least 20% of the time may be required. This may include domestic and international travel depending on the project.
At JR Automation, A Hitachi Group Company, our talented teams leverage the latest technologies, innovative thinking, and decades of experience to provide our global customers with world-class automation equipment. We transform processes & optimize operations with the solutions we design, build, program & deploy for nearly every industry. Our people are the heart of our operations, and we believe unique skills and capabilities enable us to grow, collaborate and evolve.
Join our team of 2,200+ at one of the 27 facilities around the globe. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, apprenticeship programs, tuition reimbursement and training opportunities to develop your skills.
Come Think. Solve. Create. With Us!