Duties and responsibilities:
- Assemble compressors in assigned area using Work Center Instructions (WCI), Piping & Instrumentation instructions (P&I), Wiring Diagram (WD) and Bill of Material (BOM) and assembly drawings.
- Apply decals to machines, as needed.
- Utilize Andon signals per guidelines.
- Measure, cut, bend, fit small tubing to machine. Install tubing and fittings using hyferset hydraulic pre-setting tools.
- Install foam insulation on tubing and controls.
- Install heat trace tape to tubing and controls AND/OR bend large tubing with power bender per print or custom fit (Industrial).
- Assemble frames in assigned area, per BOM, or WCI.
- Assemble separator tanks in assigned area, using BOM, P&I or WCI.
- Assemble components to engines in assigned area, per BOM or WCI.
- Connect motor leads and connectors to power source per WD and BOM.
- Wire machines or packages, terminating wire harnesses or basic wiring in assigned area, per WD.
- Assemble couplings on engines/motors and air ends in assigned area, per WCI, BOM.
- Inspect finished machines at the end of process in assigned area, and receive them into finished goods.
- Align motor, air end and coupling in assigned area, using calipers, dial indicators and straight edge.
- Assemble and insulate enclosures and install on machine in assigned area, per BOM, WCI.
- Assemble mounted or remote cooler packs in assigned area, per BOM, WCI, WD and P&I.
- Terminate wiring for controls, basic panels, fan motors, etc. in assigned area, per WD and P&I.
- Test electrical controls/components per WCI, WD and P&I.
- Assemble and/or rework compressor packages and equipment.
- Requisition and stock materials and supplies.
- Keep equipment and work area clean and orderly.
- High School education or equivalent and a minimum of two years year post high school training/experience.
- Minimum of 2 years’ previous manufacturing assembly preferred.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Basic reading skills necessary to perform the functions of the job.
- Mechanical assembly ability, ability to read simple blueprints, wiring diagrams/drawings preferred.
- Prior forklift experience or completion of forklift training preferred.
- Working with various hand and pneumatic tools and various measuring tools.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Knowledge of basic electricity and wiring diagrams/drawings.
- Lifting up to 35 lbs.
- Lifting over 35 lbs. requires a lifting device, crane/hoist, or assistance from another associate.
- Physically able to lift, bend, stoop, climb, reaching, kneeling and working in awkward positions.
- Work involves considerable stooping, bending, and kneeling.
- Working with cranes, presses, cleaning solvents, sharp edges on parts, hot materials, electrical components, and moving parts by carts.
- Working with high air pressure equipment, and at times extreme noise.
- Safety Requirements:
- Must understand and comply with the 5 Cardinal Rules.
- Participate in EHS quarterly audits, if required.
- Required to wear the proper PPE equipment for the work area.
- Required to attend scheduled toolbox and safety meetings.
- Must immediately report injuries or unsafe conditions to the supervisor.
The successful candidate is responsible for complying with Hitachi’s Code of Ethics and related policies. In performing the job, the incumbent shall take all steps necessary to comply with our safety rules and requirements and must actively support the organization's efforts to meet and exceed its goals of creating and maintaining a safe workplace.
This description is to serve as a guide. It is intended to be flexible and will continue to evolve over time with business needs and demands and may be updated periodically and at the Company's discretion.
Hitachi is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate based on race, religion, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected categories under applicable law, whether in recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, compensation, or other conditions of employment.